LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

harish (manager)     14 January 2010

mentinance

my wife has file mentinence 2000/- Rs. in 125 crpc of a newly born male child. when she left my house the pregnency was of one month. is she entitled for mentinence? i am already paying 7500/- per month for mentinence. during this mentinance she had not make party to this newly born male child. how can i save my self from this mentinence.

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

u cannot save urself from this

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     14 January 2010

At the most you can file a petition before the court to revise the maintenance stating that it is too high, by which you can lessen the maintenance if the court orders so.  Else there is no  other way out.  Otherwise you can negotiate with your wife agreeing to pay a lump sum amount to settle the issue of maintenance once and for all.

Hardik Mehta (Family Counsellor)     15 January 2010

Your son is entitled for the maintenance, but if you ask them to join the marital home and she does not join, then the maintenance would be revised and she will not get the maintenance, only your son would get the maintenance. In addition, you have to get the visitation rights for your son in order to provide the maintenance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register