LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Mentally disturbing me by cancelling marriage

Dear Members, Regards, I am in big trouble. Please help me. I have a profile on a matrimony site for Marriage. On 10th Feb, I received a call from one person regarding marriage proposal. I referred him to my parents. As per my Later on, on 13th March 2013, he came to my office to meet me. I entertained him well at that day. On 17th March I saw girl whom came with her younger sister. We discussed various issues related to future life and marriage proposal (Casual meeting). On 19th March, I received call from her father, asking my opinion regarding marriage proposal. I proposed 1st take the consideration of the girl (as in the 1st meeting she explained about her ex-boy friend with whom could not able to marriage as father didn’t allow causing different cast and Kundali) then I will reply. By the on 20th March, again, I received her father call stating our family don’t have any problem. On 27th March, I went to her home on occasion of Holi and put sindur (Vermillion) in her head in presence of her parents and siblings. From 27th March we have started living as Husband wife mentally, but, not together. We used to chat everyday like husband wife for three to four hours since morning to night (anytime). We also had meeting often at her home or outside, movie theatre anywhere. Later on 25th May me along with my parent s and sibling did Checkha/ Engagement) of the girl in presence of her parents and sibling. By the next day their parents along with sibling came to my place and did Checkha/ Engagement with me. Girl was also present at that time. Everything was going well and we have started thing about our future and dreams together. She also has accomplished me well. I have shared all my secrets/ Past with the girl and vice versa. We both loved and care each other. Suddenly, on 20th September, I received call from her father that we will not marry my daughter with you stating Kundali is not matching. I requested him as we both are mentally attached, so please don’t split this. We could not tolerate this, but, he denied, later girls also denied stating she can’t go beyond her parents. Now, I am totally depressed, I am working in MNC and my works are also suffering due to my personnel life. I have also received a warning from higher management after that. When I tried to contact her by mail or calls, she didn’t respond and threaten me for Polish case. Its seems story of a movie, but, its real. I am mentally depressed now. Please help me legally and let me know the followings: 1. After that my parents tried to contact her parents where the same reply “NO” without any discussion with my parents, whereas earlier everything was finalised after consideration of both families. Can we lodger case for cheating. 2. Can I lodge any FIR or case against her parents (Father in Law) to disturbed me mentally and blemish my life. 3. It’s ruined my social life, can I ask for compensation. Please help me in this regards, Gaurav Singha

Learning

6 Replies

jack (boss)     14 November 2013

SUGGESTION for you NITESH chandra is better move on in life and make yourself busy in your work as you cannot have a forced relation  with anyone. You can get many girls those are much more compatible with you as you are working in MNC.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 November 2013

You have no right against that family.

If you challanage their decision to cancel marriage they have may make false FIR that they had to cancel marriage due to your dowry demand and you will the have real mental torture (now you have having imaginary).

sandykrish (Interested in Family LAW)     14 November 2013

@ Nitesh carry on with your life. Your luck is so good that they have backtracked before the marriage, hypothetical scenario: Just imagine if she had married you and started relationship with her boyfriend it would have screwed your entire life with false cases, attending courts, police station, mediators place..... Your parents are really lucky in this regards. Go to a doctor and be mentally strong they are all part of life one has to go through but one might go in less intensity and others with big. Life is open to all ,be a flexible dude and ensure that you will get a nice compatible girl. Trust me if she is coming back don't accept her in any situation it will be like feeding a snake who is planning to kill you.

If you need any assistance send me a PM.

Sunlawseeker (lawaspirant)     14 November 2013

agree with experts.

(Guest)

You are going thru a psychological problem. Control your temper and stop thinking about those stupid people. They would have got a rich bakra inplace of you. Now the best thing you can do is direct your energy towards your professional goals and try to find a good girl. Think that you are lucky to get rid of those people. Legally you cannot do anything and morally you should not do anything.

There is lot of future for you. Dont get into petty issues and spoil your time. Girls should always run behind you and not the other way round. You concentrate on your career and everything will fall in place within few weeks. Good luck.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 November 2013

I fully agree with stalker.  He has given a good piece of advice and next course to follow.  Thus, sigh a relief for having saved yourself from being trapped into a cunning, greedy, ill motivated plan by them which aborted on its own.  You put an end to your infatuation over her, realize your position, discard her and erase all her memories from you, take a dip in the holy water, plan and proceed with your career assignments and new life.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register