LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

arya stark   08 April 2024

Mental illness & 498a dv and 125crpc

My friends husband is an Indian born German citizen and he claims that he doesn’t have a job and he suffers from mental disability. So he cannot pay for his wife’s alimony , maintenance or child support.

He says that he will produce some medical certificates to prove too.

Is there a way to get money from my friends husband ? Does the court leave my friends husband believing his mental disability stories ?

He comes to India to visit his parents and relatives, can we do something to arrest him during his arrival ?


 1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 April 2024

There's a complete legal process to execute the court order in this regard.

Just by telling that he suffers from mental disability he cannot claim exemption.

Your friend cannot take law into her hands to recover money from him.

What is the court order, if court has passed any order then she can follow the procedures of law to recover the amount.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register