Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar Sri (Officer)     06 July 2014

Mental illness

Dear Sir,

MY brother wife is a M.Com graduate, before marriage she has taken treatment in Nimhans has a outpatient and after the marriage(one week of the marriage )  she abused all our family members with valgur languages and she try to kill my brother, now my brother dont want to continue the relationship, we have collected the Nimhans admission card before and after the marriage.

If the Nimhans Doctors says to Court that she is normal, then what we have to do ?, since in her objection she mentioned we have taken dowry and we have demand aroudn 60 Lacs dowry from them along with Car etc., 

Based on that, now our entire family members are not interested to continue their relationship.

Please help, what we have to do in such case.

Learning

2 Replies

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     07 July 2014

If any wife was suffering from mental abnormalities  before marriage which is not curable as per doctor's medical report and suppressing such incurable disease if father and mother of the wife got her married then Divorce case can be filed.  Simply wife abusing her husband and her in laws in filthily language does not attract Divorce.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     07 July 2014

The fact of her mental illness and its incurable nature to be established before court for pleadings of suppression of facts material to marriage in the annulment petition before the court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register