LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhinav   20 May 2018

Mental Harassment

I was married on 10th of feb this yr but i didn't wanted to marry the girl i have been married as i was in a relationship with some other girl. I made a mistake that i told evrybody about my relationship just before 20-25 days of marriage and then the girl started blackmailing me of committing suicide and dowry act as 2 laks rupees were given by the girl family in cash at the time of engagement as a part of their contribution to the spendings that will be made at the time of marriage. Due to the pressure of a police case i married the girl but since then the girl has been constantly harassing me in different ways. She passes comments and taunts taking the name of the other girl.She keeps track of my whats app account when i m online and when not. Even if i visit any relative of mine she calls them up to keep an eye on my cell phone to check whom i m talking to. She also took nos of my office colleagues and called them defaming me that i married for money as a result i had to leave the job. She had influenced my family to such extent that they constantly pressurize me make relationship with her. My father had gone to such extent that he called the other girl and threatened her of acid attack or killing her. My wife constantly pokes my parents that i m in touch with the other girl and my father using his money and name has taken out call details and location records of the mine and the other girls. My parents ask me to surrender my phone.... even they decide the time,when i should sleep and get up. They constantly blackmail me if i do not make relationship with my wife they will do something wrong with the other girl. My ideologies does not match with my wife and do not want to carry on with the marriage with her as i fear she could file a case against me any day. I have chat records where she openly accepts that she gives threats. Is there any legal action that i can take against everybody involved. I cannot make a relationship with a girl on the bases of threats. I fear even going back home as this has now become a daily routine.

Learning

4 Replies

Helping Hand ! (Advocate )     20 May 2018

Take mutual divorce.  You will need to wait 1 year before approaching court with divorce petition.  In the meantime simply go back to your parents, frm there send a notice stating that you want divorce stating your story.  See what she replies.  If she agrees for divorce, approach a vakil locally and draft a mutual divorce petition.  Wait for 1 year to complete and then file divorce petition.  From date of filing of mutual consent divorce petitoin you will be free man.

Aman chawla (DELHI HIGH COURT ADVOCATE)     20 May 2018

Sir, please ask your wife for mutual consent divorce, as it is the easiest way of getting out from this bullsh*t zone 

If she does not agree with the same, then you left with one option that is to file Divorce petition on the ground of cruelty which is provided U/S 13(ia) of H.M.A. 

All the things which you wrote come under Mental cruelty.

Thanks,

Regards,

Aman Chawla

Abhinav   23 May 2018

Sir, but as per my understanding i cannot file MCD before 1 yr of marriage. Please correct me if i m wrong. Also i can't file for annulment even if this marriage was forced upon me. I wrote an intimation letter to the local police station to inform that i do not want to marry but my parents are forcing me to do so.

Abhinav   23 May 2018

Sir, but as per my understanding i cannot file MCD before 1 yr of marriage. Please correct me if i m wrong. Also i can't file for annulment even if this marriage was forced upon me. I wrote an intimation letter to the local police station to inform that i do not want to marry but my parents are forcing me to do so.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register