FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vivek (eng)     06 September 2017

Membership in management committee of a residents association in karnataka

I reside in an apartment in Bangalore, Karnataka where the flat in which i am residing is owned by mother. I recently tried to join the management committee of the association and i was denied stating that as per the bylaw only the residing owner can be part of the management committee. Can the bylaw which states that only residing owner can be part of management committee be amended to included children/spouse also? Can the owners child be part of MC (management committee) legally? I read in couple of places about being a deemed member who can be part of the MC. DEEMED MEMBER’ means a deemed member of the Association; the spouse, parent or any one of the children above 18 years of age who is authorized by such Owner and who is also a Resident may be treated as a deemed member of the Association in place of such Owner. Can I take this approach to be part of the MC? Thanking you in advance Vivek H


 2 Replies

Bhutia Rinchen   09 September 2017

RWA by-laws are framed by members for the welfare of residential members and are supposed to be approved by 2/3 majority. Depending on what it says in your society by-laws rules can be changed. Society rules also differ from state to state.

Krishna. Advocate (Advocate)     09 September 2017

I have to refer the contents of Bye Law.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query