Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

tarun (Advocate)     28 August 2013

Meeting of trade union during working hours

Hi

I was dealing with the issue of  unauthorised absence of Trade Union members (Also Govt. Employees) during working Hours to attend urgent meeting called by the TU president.     While going through the law relating to TU i.e. TU Act, i could not notice any provision regarding meeting of TU and its regulations.  Further in Civil Service rules, act of  employee by remaining absence on duties without permission is treated as serious misconduct.

Fortunately, i have got an order  of Bombay High Court of 2008 whereby it was observed that remaining absent to attend Trade union meeting  without permission from (or intimation to) employer would amount to misconduct and disciplinary proceedings can be initiated on account of it. 

I would like to receive response as to whether there is any specific provision or rule or  standing order or judicial pronouncement regarding regulation of Trade Union Meetings?

Learning

1 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     29 August 2013

let the accused bring his defence in inquiry.  you just have to allege unauthroised absence during working hours.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register