Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NPN (engineer)     20 November 2016

Mediclaim issue & breaking a bond

Hello,

I had joind a private firm in Pune in Sept 2015. The appointment letter was issued to me which had salary breakup structure in detail. It is mentioned that a certain amount will be deducted from my CTC for issuing a mediclaim to me. I didnt recieve any mediclaim card or policy documents till march 2016.

But the main issue is that after joining the company I fell seriously ill, infected by meningitis. The infection started gripping me when I was in Bengaluru for official work during Diwali 2015. My health worsened there and somehow when I returned home on the day of Laxmi Poojan, I was directly taken to hospital by my parents and there I was immediately admitted to ICU.

My family immideately contacted the concerned HR personell of my company on the Diwali eve and asked the procedure for claiming the medical bills. It came to the knowledge that no policy was issued in my name by the company. 

After my treatment I joined my office from mid of december and started contacting the responsible person as to what should be the procedure for claiming all my medical bills. I could not leave the issue as the amount my parents spent for my treatment was well above one lakh. Since I joined in Dec 2015 I have been continuosly contacting the person who is suppose to be responsible for the mediclaim issue. Everytime his reply was that we are working on it but we cannot guarantee it. 

Later I raised this issue with a senior HR person during Sept 2016 end. She contacted the person and later he asked me to hand over my medical bills and all other medical reports to him. I did that immediately.

Now recently I contacted him regarding the status, and I was so disappointed to hear the same replies.

Another issue with me here is that I have lost the patience of working in the firm now. The work conditions are getting worse. I have to work extra almost everyday without any additional benefits. I am working in a manufacturing firm and such working conditions are common in manufacturing industries. But it is getting to difficult for me to work with my seniors as there behaviour is very unpleasant and dishonouring. For silly things my education  is pointed out, like you are a Masters degree holder and you work like labourer, You are slow, you are weak and all such things. All such things makes me frustrated and every moring I feel that why do I have to go to a place where I recieve nothing more than depression.

I want to quit my job but my boss is a difficult person to deal with. Recently one of my colleague who joined with me and signed the same bond left the office saying his father is ill and after a week informed that he cannot join the office as his family is forcing him to quit the job and handle family business (a shop) as there is no one other than him to handle the situation in the family. My boss, whos at a very high position in the company, ordered the HR person to visit his house (in other town) to verify if its the real scenario.

Is there any solution to my case. I am sure there is but I need a proper guidance from the experts here.

Learning

6 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 November 2016

Did company show the deduction in salalry slip?

Did you conatact HR person and Sr.HR person in writing?

Did you handover the bills in writing?

Do you have copies?

Are you asked to work extra in writing?

Do you have any evidence and attendance record?

What Bond you have signed? Do you have copy?

What is your designation and nature of duties?

How many persons are working with the company?

Does it have certified standing orders and is yourdesigantion covered by standing orders?

Since you fell sick while on tour/duty, employer should reimburse.

1.The amount is not reflected in salary slip, its in the CTC details mentioned in the appointment letter.

2.Yes I have mail communications to senior member in HR

3.Didnt hand over in writing but I have an SMS from that person to hand over the file.

4.Yes I do have xerox as well as scan copies of the same.

5.We are not asked to work extra in writing its verbal always

6.Yes we do have attendance management systems that record the biometric attendence of all the employees

7. The bond holds a title "Covenant agreement" I dont have a copy of it. After joining I had approached the HR who got it signed from me, to hand me a copy of it. But he said that its against company policy to give a copy to the employee. It didnt came to my mind that I should have asked him to give it in writing. I missed the chance there. However I managed to get a copy of one of my senior's. And purposely I am not approaching to the HR for my copy because it may trigger a doubt in their minds that I am planning for something now. And if this info leaks to my boss, I might get into some trouble.

8. Presently I am Trainee executive but after my confirmation in march 17 I will assistant manager

9. If you are asking for total employees in my plant, there might be around 200 people working who are not in any union.

10. I am not aware if any certified standing orders exist or not in the company.

Olusegun Lanre-Iyanda   20 November 2016

Do you have a personal  or family lawyer who can take up your matter?

if yes ,then get him to write the company with the details of their commitment to you in this wise and their breach thereof giving them the maximum days necessary and if there were no response by the expiration of that date,you may proceed to sue them.

Companies should NOT be encouraged to flagrantly flout what they commit themselves to do especially as touching the welfare of their employees.

In addition,if you have cogent evidence,you may sue those verbally bullying you at the workplace.

I dont have any lawyers in family but some of my school friends have taken up law as a profession. Will surely consult with them with my case

CTC is monthly/annual pay package and promised amount.

You seem to have merits on your side.

Your own counsel can help you access a counsel specializing in service /labor matters.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register