LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajan Kumar (.)     10 March 2012

Medical negligence

Ishwari Devi Makhija was taken to Ramkrishna Care Hospital, Raipur, Chhattisgarh with pain in her right leg.We were told everything is ok.Then she was deliberately admitted by Dr.Mumtaz Ali and counsulting neurologist Dr.Sanjay Sharma under plastic surgeon Dr. Sunil Kalda instead of Vascular surgeon Dr.Kalpesh Malik.Plastic surgeon lied that he is vascular surgeon and that he is doing this kind of case everyday.She was kept in ICU for 18 days and her leg was cut 4 times and finally from the hip because the wrong doctor was operating on her. He did not know the procedures.An MRI done out side the hospital showed that he had not taken out the clot in the leg.When patients younger doctor son arrived from Delhi and asked them why they had cut off her leg and why she was admitted under a plastic surgeon when vascular surgeon is present they waived her bill of 3 lakhs. Subsequently they modified her medical admission records and then filed a false complaint with police against her elder son to beat him up so that no case is filed in court. The police asked me if I am sindhi or punjabi. When I said i am sindhi he said even lal krishna advani will not be able to save you and we will do to you what we have done to your mother. My shirt was torn by the Officer In Charge RK Dubey of Tikarapara Police Station,Raipur Chhattisgarh.

We filed a case in National Consumer Redressal Forum where we were advised by Judge R.C. Jain to withdraw case and go to State Commission. At the State commission we have been advised by Judge Chandrakant Vyas that since we followed R.C. Jain's advice so by the same merit I am asking you to go to District Forum. He also advised that I should take my mother to North America if I have a career there.

If anyone can help please do . Should I drop the case? Thanks. The case can be read at www.ramkrishnacarehospital.com withpictures for the purpose of clarity.

My email address is kumar4768@hotmail.com and mobile is 8109-301-302. THANKS.

Learning

1 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     10 March 2012

Mr.Kumar, 

Their conduct clearly makes out a case u/s 338 of the Indian Penal Code, for greivous hurt by rash/negligent Act. Apart from this they are also tortiously liable to pay damages for their negligence. I am not sure why State/National Forums have asked you to withdraw ? Is it because of jurisdiction ... Kindly see where your claim falls as per the amount that you are claiming for deficiency of service.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register