LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

janan (to)     18 October 2009

medical leave

During august,5 days a group of employees gone for strike.but now they issued notice for absence.I have given medical leave for the august period.Is it acceptable.can dies-non is convert as MC?

Learning

5 Replies

aruntrivedi (lawyer)     18 October 2009

yes provided you have balance of ML and you have submit medical certificate for treatment from competent authroity. But if you have appeared amongst the crowd of strikers how you will prove yourself being sick.

janan (to)     19 October 2009

During strike ,i have not gone with the crowd.am in home and gone to home town only.They have no proof.is it possible to get my salary which is already deducted as a strike member?even they dont have the proof am the participant of the strike.

aruntrivedi (lawyer)     19 October 2009

apply for medical leave for time of absence from job and along with leave application attach medical certificate showing you were sick and required complete bed rest - if doctor is not recgonised by your firm or organization get it counter signed by your company recognised doctor or else get certificate of treatment and complete bed rest from your village primary health centre (government). Also write another application for release of salary during strike you were sick and not attended strike anf if your union had claimed that you joined strike sign declaration that you have not joined strike call by union.

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     19 October 2009

If your leave application with medical certificate  had preceded the days of strike,the management cannot reject it .IF rejected you can agitate it before  proper forum to sanction medical leave ,and to verify with the medical board,if there is  provision for referral.

Dr. M I Khan (Chief Orth Surgeon)     22 October 2009

Dear Sir,

The leave are governed by the Service Regulations of that perticular organisation. If the organisation has specific Conduct Rules and if there is provision in the Rules that Leave of anykind is not a right of a person and the authorities can refuse the leave of any kind, then that organisation has full right to refuse even the Med. Leave.

Dr. MI Khan

Jabalpur(MP)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register