LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

opensky (self)     20 February 2015

Mediation/counselling

During counselling/mediation in contested case (no objections filed/hearing done yet)
Can anyone other than the couple and counsellor be present - lawyers/family members?
Is it mandatory to have these "other members"?

Can I place a request for an exclusive discussion wihtout these "'other members"? - what is the  way it will be seen legally,  my intentions are honest - but i dont want to be misinterpreted AGAIN and giving opp. party upper hand when I am being honest - am new to all this, and dont want to be taken for a ride, had enough till now already!

Reason I ask for this requirement is  we have an unbiased and unpresurrised environment for the entire disucssion and keep all legal aspects out and talk as two humans who started together with intentions of staying together for a lifetime - let the counselling reveal the true intentions of what each side wants and why we are in this situation - this is the last chance for a healthy discussion.

Thanks.

Learning

4 Replies

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     20 February 2015

Your demand is utmost genuine and will be accepted by the mediator readily.  The disputes between the husband and wife can be resolved by eliminating the external influences.  But, if you are a husband, the mediator insists his presence so that wife will be protected.  If you are a wife, he will be ready to withdraw himself from mediation talks, if you insist.

Thank you sir, just to clarify, I want husband,wife,mediator only in the room - hope it is ok.

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     20 February 2015

Yes, it is.  So many cooks spoil the broth.

Thank you, again sir!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register