Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lord Ganesha (service)     14 January 2013

Mediation centre fee can be deposited in back date???

I managed stay order from Allahabad High Court in a case u/s 502 , 406. The Allahabad High Court stayed the proceedings in the case referring the case to the AH Mediation Centre  asking to deposite Rs. 10000/- in the Mediation Centre.

I failed to deposite the requisite money in time . My lawyer also failed to get extended the time limit in the stay order.

This lawyer asks to file a fresh petition for stay order. While another lawyer says once a stay order is issued in a case ,  the AHC can't  issue another stay order again in the same case.

Further , this lawyer says that he will manage to get deposite the requisite amount in the back date in connivance with the clerks of the Mediation Centre.

Please advice me

Thanking you in advance

Learning

2 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     14 January 2013

Originally posted by : Lord Ganesha
  XXX

This lawyer asks to file a fresh petition for stay order. While another lawyer says once a stay order is issued in a case ,  the AHC can't  issue another stay order again in the same case.

Further , this lawyer says that he will manage to get deposite the requisite amount in the back date in connivance with the clerks of the Mediation Centre.

1. Interesting.
2. One fellow ld. brother Advocate’s connivance with Court clerk in a cause title you want opinion from another third Advocate from a open forum!

Hence para 1 observation, nothing more to add in open public forums other than first advocate is always right.  

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     14 January 2013

You need to first check the whats the status of the HC stay order this can be checked easily on the Allahabad HC website. If the order is not yet vacated than you can deposit the money with the mediation centre.

It is very foolish to not to deposit the mediation money as the orders state clearly that the stay of arrest would be vacated if the amount of mediation money is not deposited.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register