Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Linked User (Designation)     31 July 2011

Mcd rateable value increase

HI,

I have a commercial property in which i kept a  tenant/licencee without a Rent agreement in the year 2000. The Tenant /licencee started defaulting on the Rent/Licence fee paid to me after sometime. The tenant in conspiracy with the MCD officials got his Name included in the MCD records as tenant. The MCD then issued a notice for increase in Rateable value to me on account of 1 st Subleting.

I had already filed a Civil suite for recovery of Rent/Damages and Possession in the court and also terminated the tenancy of the tenant through a notice sent to him by Registered A.D.  Could MCD have still increased my Rateable value (inspite of the fact that i was not getting the rent/licence fee and and filed for Damages/recovery of the amount from the tenant) . 

I know in the current Unit Area method , this does not hold any value but i am talking about the year 2000 when the system was based on the rateable Value.

Kindly help .......

Learning

1 Replies

Sajeev Menon (Legal Consultant Dubai 00971 508836442)     09 August 2011

Hi,

Since the matter is before the court, you can notify the status to the MCD officials and I hope that you have already impleded the MCD Authority as a party to the suit since they have colluded with the tenant to enrol his name in the list without your free consent and knowledge.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register