LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

John   10 October 2017

MC

Hi all, Due to financial situation I have pending amount maintenance amount to my wife. But I have paid nearly 80000 to her. Tomorrow having hearing judge asking to pay 100000. Otherwise he send to me jail. Seriously I don't have that much amount right now. Now, I am thinking to ask permission in court to sell my kidney. To settle everything to her but till divorce case pending in court.

Learning

6 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     10 October 2017

court can attach husbands property and can recover the amount from husband property. No need to sell human organs. 

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     10 October 2017

This is a rather unfortunate situation that you are caught up in... Try and explain your situation to the Judge and show your bonafides by making whatever payment you can afford.  Alternatively, you can also take a loan from friends and family and pay up to avoid being sent to the jail.  If the amount of maintenance ordered was not feasible to you, why havent you challenged the same or sought modification of the order if there was a change in circumstances? 

Anamika Vichare (Practising Lawyer)     11 October 2017

instead of selling kidney, you better go to jail, Have you lost your senses, selling kidneys is criminal offence   And what you think you are very smart

you think by selling kidney your life would better ?

Pl take my appointmnt for free counslling I wont charge you but do not think non-sense

instead of selling kidney, you better go to jail, Have you lost your senses, selling kidneys is criminal offence   And what you think you are very smart

Pl take my appointmnt for free counslling I wont charge you but do not think non-sense

1 Like

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     16 October 2017

You can present your case (financial condition) to court and court has to consider the financial condition of the husband while granting the maintenance. If you are aggrieved with the order you can go to higher court. But if you sleep over after passing of order no one will rescue you. Appoint a good advocate and contest the case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register