Share on Email

Share More

Maximum working hours per day as per indian labour law

Page no : 3

(Guest)
Originally posted by : anudeep shetty

hi rajkumar,

i too faced a similar kind of problem.

my manger used to harrass me to work for 18 hours a day and on saturdays 24 hours for 1.2 years  giving a job threat and my releiving letter .. i got frustrated and resigned the job , but even in the notice period they used to force me to sit for 18 hours . i just walked out of the company. now for my experience letter they are asking 82 thousand. i come from a middle class family and i will not be able to pay much.

is there any way i can sue the company . if not my releving letter atleast i want to make sure the harrasment on the employees stops and they work for not more than 8 hours day. please guide .

Experience letter at the cost of Rs. 82 thousand, on what specific ground?

(Guest)
Originally posted by : asmita

Dear Sir,

I am working in services based industry we work for 5 days a week that is from monday to friday and our working hour is 8:30 am to 6 pm which includes 30 mints break. So i just wanted to know it correct or we should work for 9 hours in which break will be included.

Please let me know.

Regards,

Asmita

It is OK, as per the  Bombay Shops and Establishments Act, 1948 that extends to the whole of the State of Maharashtra.

As per the Act, an employee can be required to work in any commercial establishment for nine hours in any day and forty-eight hours in any week.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Annonymous

Hello Everyone,

Does our law include work time in office only? I am in IT industry, my boss had given us laptop to work from home. So we are working 9 hrs from office and than from home.

We are often require to travel as well where we are asked to work 24 hrs a day from hotel room and client location.

Please suggest what can be done in such cases.

Thank you

If you are required to work 9 hours in office, for what approximate time you are desired to work from home on laptop and what are the total work hours of the week in your organization?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 July 2017

Dear LCI Querist @ Mr. Kapil Principal Engineer

It has been 7 years since the thread was initiated by you.

By now you would have explored, rechecked on all posts and satisfied.

A lot happens in long period of 7 years.

Even establishments registered under Shops & Estbs Act might have been allowed to Continuous process;24 hours/day…

(Guest)
Originally posted by : janvi
What employee can do if company is taking 12-14 hours without any overtime paid??

Do Law of India can save the rights of employees??

There are three options for a worker, other than amangerial incumbent:

(1) Take help of labour union for on the table dispute redressal;

(2) File complaint in the labour office and fight the case against the management: and

(3) Switch over the job to some other organization, if not interested in toiling in litigation or risking his/her job.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : anjumafroz@gmail.com
Sir

In this age of constant communication via email and watsapp and similar medium, employees are under great stress. The boss and the clients expect reply and compliance at any odd hours.

My question is would it be legally alright for me to disconnect from the office and coworkers and boss after working hours? Di I have a legal right to disconnect from work after office jours?

Anjum

You can disconnect only at the risk of your job.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : curious_mind92
I want some guidance regarding the situation as soon as possible. The scenario is: A female working as an assistant to the employer (Employer is an individual running a business). The role is, attending calls, guiding clients, scheduling appointments etc.  Work hours are- 10AM to 7PM Six Days a week, no specified breaks, I can have my lunch anytime I want (for which I dont need more than 15mins, rest of the time I work) So, my total working hour including breaks are 9. As per the labour law, I have read, 9hours any day or not more than 48hours in any week. Calculating my hours they come up to 54hours in a week (9*6=54) If I am given a 30mins break I would still be working for 8:30 hours on any days and 51hours in a week.  Please correct my knowledge and guide me how can I rectify this with the employer. Appreciate the response, Thank you

Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Clarity-about-working-hours-breaks-weekly-hours-and-ot--152144.aspI want some guidance regarding the situation as soon as possible. The scenario is: A female working as an assistant to the employer (Employer is an individual running a business). The role is, attending calls, guiding clients, scheduling appointments etc.  Work hours are- 10AM to 7PM Six Days a week, no specified breaks, I can have my lunch anytime I want (for which I dont need more than 15mins, rest of the time I work) So, my total working hour including breaks are 9. As per the labour law, I have read, 9hours any day or not more than 48hours in any week. Calculating my hours they come up to 54hours in a week (9*6=54) If I am given a 30mins break I would still be working for 8:30 hours on any days and 51hours in a week.  Please correct my knowledge and guide me how can I rectify this with the employer. Appreciate the response, Thank you

Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Clarity-about-working-hours-breaks-weekly-hours-and-ot--152144.asp

Lunch break or tea break is not included in working hours. However, total work hours cannot be more than 48 hours in a week. That you can check yourself, how many total work hours you are required to work in a week.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Kumar Doab
Dear LCI Querist @ Mr. Kapil Principal Engineer

It has been 7 years since the thread was initiated by you.

By now you would have explored, rechecked on all posts and satisfied.

A lot happens in long period of 7 years.

Even establishments registered under Shops & Estbs Act might have been allowed to Continuous process;24 hours/day…

Some obection seems to be there on the part of the expert. If so, is there any specific objection on updation of anyone's knowledge?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 August 2017

The purpose and meaning of any post by querist or any member should not be to instil fear psychosis.

Not attending a phone call after work hours can lead to termination/losing job?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 August 2017

Rather use the Whatsapp chats and SMS and recorded phone calls as order/instruction to work after office hours/on off days for OT/compensatory off.....................

Works Committee/Greivance Redressal Commitee/Employee's unions-Trade Unions are best plateforms to handle such issues.............

Employee can claim OT and may do so in reasonable time.

pankaj chandak (Branch Manager)     13 August 2017

is there any legal definition distinguising workmen staff and supervising staff while defining employee or worker. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register