Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Siv (engineer)     21 November 2013

Matrimony website and divorce

Hi,

Wife and Husband filed Mutual Consent Divorce (MCD) in family court...first motion completed.... while it pending 06 months Husband created profile in Matrimony Web site...and declared as Divorced (by mistake seems) .... later wife did not comply the compromise terms that are present in MCDPetition ... then Husband neglected profile in Matrimony website ....

Now can wife seek divorce based on that ground Cruelty, referring Husband declared as Divorced in Matrimony website. 

Learning

10 Replies

Raja_498a Victim (Manager)     21 November 2013

It has to be prooved that profile was created by him only. Anybody can create profile and court doesn't depend on matrimonial websites evidences.

So based on matrimonial profile one cannot get divorce.

Navaneetha Krishnan (engineer)     21 November 2013

Even i wanted answer for the same question,If the couple had decided to go for MCD and waiting for one year to get over and if one of spouse create a new matri profile mentioning 'awaiting divorcee' is that an issue...Kindly some experts give your thoughts...

Deepti Dhawan (LLL)     22 November 2013

I was sent to my parents house by husband on january 24th .Since then he has not allowed me to come back.I had tried through all relatives but my husband clearly replies that he does not want to live me any more.Last week,i approached Mahila ayog.On receiving call from him,he replied that he is not in town.Today i have received a notice from Mediation and conciliation centre,Rohini court.What is he upto.

Navaneetha Krishnan (engineer)     22 November 2013

Why are you hijacking a thread and why dont you start a new one of your own.Experts kindly advise if there will be any repurcussion in future if a matri profile was created while divorce proceedings are going on...

Raja_498a Victim (Manager)     22 November 2013

As I told earlier, it has to be prooved. Matrimonial website profile any one can create. So very difficult to proove. You can always say, you didn't create.

Navaneetha Krishnan (engineer)     22 November 2013

There are various ways it can be proved easily the mobile number linked can be traced out.If it can be proved will it be used as a ground of cruelity or something in the court of law?Also if one of the spouse asks for Divorce can it be used as a ground for divorce....

Raja_498a Victim (Manager)     23 November 2013

If you know, ur wife can proove then keep quiet and wait till court decides divorce. Otherwise court gives huge alimony to wife. If it is prooved that u r married court sends you jail for 7 yrs.

Navaneetha Krishnan (engineer)     23 November 2013

Appreciate your reply.No way i am planning to get married as i am well aware of the bigamy laws...Its just that i want to know is it legal or illegal to float a profile while the divorce proceedings are gonig on because the matri websites themselves have an option of 'Awaiting divorcee' to be selected.Hence the question......................

Raja_498a Victim (Manager)     23 November 2013

Yes, no issues...As long as you say Awaiting divorce.

Siv (engineer)     25 November 2013

Hi All,

Already wife agreed for divorce by Mutual Consent Divorce and also submitted petition before Hon'ble Family Court ... and in this time, court process is pending for 6 months petiod of Mutual Consent Divroce, if Husband/Wife crate profile will it amounts to Cruelty to Wife/Husband?

Please reply to the above point ...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register