Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arun Kumar (Consultant)     11 September 2009

Matrimonial Home


My father who is having an extra marital relationship has been threatening to throw m mother out of the house. My mother is 55 and she has nowhere to go. Can she claim a right to live in the matrimonial home zhere she has been living for 25 years? She has no income and is wholly dependant on my father.





 2 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     11 September 2009

why not. Your mother has every right to live in her matrimonial home till her whole life. The Protection of women from domestic Violence Act, 2005 is very quick in such matters. take the help of some local lawyer, who shall not only file this complaint seeking right to residence but also regular maitenance allowance and compensation for mental, physical, emotional and other tortures. You may also contact me at my cell 09416058227 during evening hours.

1 Like

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005     12 September 2009

Yes she has fll right under DVA act to live and to get maintenance.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register