LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Madansingh Shekhaawat (writer & an editor)     13 October 2018


Sir, My friend is married and having 2 adult children. In 2000 he came in contact with one girl and they decided to stay in live in relationship. There are no objections from first family. Live in relationship went flawlessly for 18 years, that is until October 1, 2018 On October 1, 2018 one unfortunate incident happened of domestic violence and the live in relationship lady (now 38) walked away from home with her mother and since then she is not responding to any of friend's calls/texts. Moreover, friend don't know about her whereabouts. Friend has totally broken and his health is deteriorating by each passing day. Are there any legal ways to bring her back in friends life? Friend is very much sure of her returning after seeing him. But her mother will not allow her for the same. Please do advice. it's a very saddening issue in his life and for me too as being his very good friend sir. Please help with your expertise solution. Regards, - editor madanbhai

 4 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     14 October 2018

As there is no legal marriage between both, only live in relationship, the matrimonial law with regard to restitution of conjugal rights will not apply to them and no legal remedy available with this person. He can only request the woman to return back and give him company and live with him. That seems difficult but not impossible.

Dr J C Vashista (Lawyer)     14 October 2018

No legal remedy is available for live-in relation broken by either of them. 


Perhaps, you can help your friend by educating yourself as to what is " Karma" theory? What better can one expect when one cheated his legally wedded wife and his two innocent children for the sake of lust? Whom are you trying to fool by stating that "there are no objections from the first family"? Law will not protect the dishonest ones.

Madansingh Shekhaawat (writer & an editor)     14 May 2019

Karma dis his job! Husband is facing 498A, 377, 313, 504 and 506 accusations from his second wife. First one is still loyal!!!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query