Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Akhil Gupta (Asst. Mgr.- HR & Administration)     26 August 2008

Maternity Leave

Dear All

One of our employee is on Maternity Leave so i want know that will she paid on monthly basis or she will be paid lump sum amount when she returns.

and what is procedure for calculation for ML. 

Please reply ASAP.

Learning

2 Replies

Shree. ( Advocate.)     26 August 2008

Dear Sir,

Individual maternity benefits may vary from organisation to organisation and will primarily depend on a particular organisation’s HR policy. However, most organisations follow a three-month maternity leave pattern. The government is currently considering a six-month maternity leave policy.

Under the provisions of the Maternity Benefits Act, you are entitled to maternity benefits at an average daily wage for a period of six weeks from a day before your delivery to six weeks following that day.

The average daily wage is calculated on the basis of your daily wages during the period of three calendar months immediately preceding the date you absented yourself on account of maternity, or the minimum wage rate, whichever is higher.

To be eligible you should have worked for not less than 160 days in the 12 months immediately prior to the date of your expected delivery.

You are entitled to a maximum period of 12 weeks as maternity benefit. In the unfortunate event of a miscarriage, you must provide relevant proof of the miscarriage to avail the medical benefits.

Another important provision under the Maternity Benefits Act is that if you are ill on account of your pregnancy or if you have delivered prematurely, you are entitled to a maximum period of one month in addition to your maternity leave.

Akhil Gupta (Asst. Mgr.- HR & Administration)     26 August 2008

Thank you Shree

Please correct me if i am wrong ?

My employee went on ML by 11/08/2008 so i need to calculate Average of May,June and July right ?

Then i need to calculate the total amount for 12 weeks  from 11/08/2008 right ?

We need to pay this amount in advance or accoring to salary day.

I am very much confuse regarding the same.

Can you give me the exaple if possible. i would be very greatful to you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register