Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vaibhav (a)     07 May 2018

maternity leave

hello
My wife I s working with a private school n she is 3 months pregnant.

Since she has told the school about her pregnancy , she is told to discontinue the school ,since the owner knows about maternity leave.

We are from middle class family, please advise what can be done regarding this.

with Regards
Vaibhav

Learning

7 Replies

Siddharth Jain   07 May 2018

As per Section 17 of the Act, any woman can complain about withholding of maternity benefit to the Inspector who will be a public servant under Section 21 of Indian Penal Code, 1860.
It is a law that if an employer who dismisses a women employee during pregnancy can be punished under section 21 of The Maternity Benefit Act, 1961.
So, the school would be held liable, in they do so as punishabke with fine or imprisonment or both.

For any other queries feel free to contact me at isidjain1@gmail.com
1 Like

hello Sir
Thank you for replying, but launching complaint n procedures in court are complicated processes....it is also expensive.

It might cost even more than my wife 6 months salary...is there any other simpler way.

The school authorities might also have access to higher authorities...which may again worsen the situation for us.

please guide us

With Regards
Vaibhav

Firstly, you'll need to only send a legal notice to the concerned school stating as to what the legal consequences would be, if they terminate her on grounds of pregnancy. I think that would suffice.

hello Sir Thank you for replying,launching complaint n procedures in court are complicated processes....it is also expensive. It might cost even more than my wife 6 months salary...is there any other simpler way. The school authorities might also have access to higher authorities...which may again worsen the situation for us. please guide us With Regards Vaibhav

You can contact me on the given email. I'll explain you everything in detail

I am very thankful that you are replying but they can terminate her with false reasons as well. And even then if they don't agree to pay 6 months pay is there any other thing that can be done. With Regards Vaibhav

DavidWilliams   24 May 2018

If it is private company also they must and should give maternity leave as per the guidelines of government. My best advice to you is that to take help of ninjaessays blog lawyer’s team who can help you in this case and do justices to you. By giving complaint on that school principal.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register