IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

abhishek Kumar (Employee)     20 May 2014

Marrying a married woman

Hello sir,

I want to marry a woman who z already married and she loves me too. (M not married !! ) 

What steps should i follow. What if i elope and marry in court.

What could be consequences ?? What legal actions may i hv to face ?


 11 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     20 May 2014

If she is divorcee then you can marry her.  Off course without divorce also you can marry her but it leads to consequences and problems.  Discuss with her and get marry.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     20 May 2014

The marriage will be void. She may lend up in jail during subsistence of her marriage, get her divorced before marriage.

Even live-in-relation would tentamout to extra-marital affair, thus chastity and adultary.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 May 2014

You will go to Jail if you marry (knowingly) a lady who is having a husband.  The Pundit/Maulana/Padri who knowingly conducts illegal marriage is also criminaly liable.


I*f you sleep wioth her onece you are further criminally liable on charge ofadultery.


later onw she will trub back and allege that you convinced her that she is legally wedded wife and had s*x with her then you are liable for charge of rape (congnizable and non-bailable)

laxmi kant joshi (instructor)     20 May 2014

Tell her to get divorce before re marriage , otherwise according to hindu marriage act her second marriage will be treated as null and void and she will be penalised by the charge of bigamy, and her husband can file adultry case upon you and for that you may be punished for 5 years of jail .

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     20 May 2014

What could be consequences ??


u will land up in JAIL

satish bhaskar (Litigant)     20 May 2014

remember that the grass always seems greener on the other side, and that there are enough fishes in the oceans.

Naveen Kumar (service)     20 May 2014

Kidnap, Rape, Adultery  etc. etc., make yourself free for going to courts and police stations...  Also you are spoiling her family

K.K.Ganguly (Advocate)     20 May 2014

Briefly speaking, the consequence will be that you will go to jail.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     20 May 2014

Dont listen to anyone's advise if you have decided to face the wrath of law upon your such illegal act.  You have been properly advised not to venture in such activity especially during the subsistence of her marriage, rest is your choice.

Naveen Kumar (service)     21 May 2014


Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     21 May 2014

Are you influenced by any GHOST?  What lead you to think such a suicidal act ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query