LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Fazalur Rahman   14 October 2017

Marrige problem

Respd Sir, I am a muslim male leaving with my mother and one unmarried sister, in aug 2016 I got married to a muslim girl according to muslim law i.e. in front of one vakil and two witness, ( till today I had not registered my marriage in any court or registrar office). Starting everything was good but slowly she started problems like mental torture to my mother and sister and even to me by ignoring us in every respect which is very difficult to me to express. So we had decided to send her to her paternal home to realized her mistake , and we had stop to talk her over phone for sometime. When she had seen that we are not picking her phone she started to speak with my relatives complaining about us everywhere and even she had share our (me and she) personnel (VERY PERSONAL) matter which should be kept secret by both of us. After this it is very painful and shameful for me in front of my relatives and even in my own eyes. Now I request you to please guild me to handle this situation LEGALLY. FAZAL

Learning

2 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     14 October 2017

Bring her back to the matrimonial home after counselling her. The more you delay her coming will result in litigation started against you for domestic violence and maitenance filed by her from her parent's home district.

Any drastic step taken by you like giving her legal notice through a lawyer or calling off the marriage in consultation with maulvis/quazis etc. will lead you to more trouble like criminal complaint for dowry and cruelty lodges u/s 498A, 406, etc. IPC.

I walk alone (Asst Manager)     15 October 2017

Brother, pls take the advise of Mahajan Sir, talk to her, understand her point of views and make a balanced approach to make her come back to your home. Please do not do something irrational or in the heat of the moment. This matter is still in your hand and a balanced approach can solve the problem. So pls make her come back. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register