Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sameer   09 September 2023

Married women live in living relationship what is the remedy for husband

If maaried women live in living relationship with other person , then what is the remedy for her husband. Can husband demand civil suit on his wife fand his friend for spoil his married life.


 11 Replies

Shashi Dhara   09 September 2023

He can file divorce  petition in family court  against her  for adultery .

1 Like

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     09 September 2023

It's a cruelty upon husband and on this ground of adultery husband can file divorce and get rid from his wife .

1 Like

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     09 September 2023

Divorce is the only option.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 September 2023

The husband can file a divorce case on the grounds of adultery and mental cruelty.

He has to collect the evidences of this extra marital affair/adulterous life in order to get justice of dissolution of his marriage with his wife

1 Like

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     09 September 2023

Agree with the above experts. 

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     09 September 2023

Yes.  Agree with the above experts' views.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     10 September 2023

Some years ago the other man could be punished under IPC. Even then the wife could not be punished. In the Semitic culture the wife could be stoned to death. Even now that may be possible in Pakistan or Afghanistan. With the advent of liberal culture what is possible is to get rid of the woman through divorce, marry again and pray to God that the new woman should be pativrata.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     10 September 2023

a god ground for divorce.

Advocate Suneel Moudgil (Advocate)     10 September 2023

1. Its a ground of divorce (adultery and cruelty

2. collect some evidence to get help in the legal process

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 September 2023

Yes, certainly, adultery is a ground for seeking divorce. May be, you may claim damages as well. Please remember, Law is never static and effective remedies evolves only through novel approaches to emerging issues and challenges.

1 Like

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     16 September 2023

I agree with Adv. Venu. It may not be possible to punish the lover of the wife. But certainly damages and compensation can be claimed from both. But one may have to go up to the Supreme Court.The act of Helen lead to the Trojan war.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More