LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mumbai male (CEO)     05 December 2013

Married man living relationship with unmarried girl

Hello..I'm already married 6 yrs ago and having a 4 yrs old child, but the first wife has no objection in having relationship(without legally marrying) with the second woman(never married) and 3 of them are not having any problem to live under the same roof.(everyone is Hindu). We 3 are absolutely happy in living under same roof and my first wife and I have decided not to have any physical relationship anymore. Does the second woman's parents have any rights to take legal action or report for bigamy against the husband or first wife? What is the legal solution for us to live together.

Kindly advice.

Learning

6 Replies

(Guest)

Until you marry your girl friend, there is no question on bigamy. Only the complaint from either of your spouses will only be considered and not their parents/relatives cannot file a bigamy case on you.

There is no legal solution to your problem. But make sure you dont get in trouble with any of your partners. Its highly ricky to be in such a business.

Thanks for your reply sir. it gives me a relief. We have already had relationship for the last 2 years and lived in a same house without any problems with each other, but without the second girl's parent's knowledge about our relationship. But now he has come to know about our relationship, he has separated us and taken her daughter back and trying arrange her marriage with someone else by hiding the truth. Her dad forced me to divorce my first wife and push her away completely with my child, but we didn't agree for it. he has harassed her daughter and not allowing her to come back to me to continue our life. is there any way that I can give my girl friend a legal status equal to my wife without registering our marriage and without divorcing my first wife? If so then can she use my surname in anyway? what would be her status in front of law? 

Kindly advice. Thanks in advance for the reply.

A.VIVEK ADVOCATE (ADVOCATE)     05 December 2013

YOUR GIRL FRIEND ?  PARENTS CAN TAKE ACTION AGAINST

AT  ANY POINT OF TIME YOUR WIFE CAN TAKE ACTION AGAINST YOU  

AT PRESENT THE   LAW IS AGAINST YOU 

the first wife's parents are not against us. can the second girl's parents take action against me? she came and lived with her own interest in my life.

(Guest)

@Author

Your girl friend's father is absolutely right in his approach. You are doing a huge huge mistake, legally you will be screwed once you step out of the greener pastures. 

I do like Vicky Cristina Barcelona movie but in reality its a huge blunder and your life will be screwed.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     19 June 2014

The parents of the girl are having a self respect in society and are taking right path. They are acting the way the socially expected .

if your legally wedded wife and her parents have no self respect then it is not their fault

you have no legal rights.  They just have to take that girl to thana and get a statement against you regarding having relations on the pertext of marriage and have you in for rape charge.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register