Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sonia_kumari (lecturer)     13 September 2013

Married daughters' share

Dear sir/ma'am

My maternal grandfather had 3 sons from his 1st marriage and after the death of his wife, he married my grandmother, with whom he had 3 daughters and a son. He sold some ancestral property  and all my grandmother's gold to build and maintain a house. He   died 12 years ago leaving my grandmother and mentally ill unmarried eldest aunt. One of the sons lived in the same house for 10 years and soon after my grandfather's death, he left the house leaving my grandmother and aunt alone. Despite their pleadings, no son came to live with them until 5 months later my youngest aunt was begged by them to move in. My aunt and uncle took care of the two ladies for 8 and a half years until last year when my grandmother expired.

Now all the 4 sons threaten my aunt and ask her to vacate the house. My aunt doesn't want my unwell aunt to be dependent on these people who have before this not taken any interest in her care. The sons have produced a will by my grandfather in which the entire property is given to them. They have destroyed my aunt's property, hurled abuses every day and trying every trick to get my aunt evicted. 

Please advise on what we should do.

Thanks!

Learning

1 Replies

SAI KIRAN R (ADVOCATE)     13 September 2013

Question the Will and seek protection of your aunts rights over the property in a civil suit. Firstly lodge a formal police complaint against abuse of your aunt in the police station and preserve the acknowledgement or collect the FIR.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register