LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     02 June 2013

Marriages must be allowed only to serious people

a live-in relation is only for getting benefits and s*xual gratification.no promises to stay 4ever in sickness and disease are made b4 starting it.

so,when any 1 partner discovers later,that a few of the benefits which he was getting till now are no more there,he can leave this relation willingly.or if the parner becomes bedtidden forever,then also he leaves it.

BUT,in a marriage,sacred vows are taken that the partners will live 4ever in good and bad times,in sickness and disease,and even if the man becomes jobless.

however in reality,the current generation is opting to divorce on these very grounds.

therefore,as of now,there are absolutely no differences b/w live in relation and marriage.

we are contradicting the sacred hindu tradition of taking these vows by introducing divorce on these grounds.

isnt it a better idea to ban marriages legally?

if we cannot do that,then atleast allow only those people to marry who strictly give an undertaking b4 marriage(besides the  vows) that he will opt to divorce only in case partner turns adulterous or tries to kill him.

adultery is the only condition for divorce in hinduism.after all the turmoil being caused in indian families by our "modern" thinking,this seems to be the right solution(as per me)

and,all those who dont want to be bound by these rules shud legally not be allowed to marry.they may go for live-ins,for they have no contracts/vows.

in the end only good charactered,honest people will come forward to marry.in-laws will treat the daughter/son inlaw well for they will know he is here forever.so no point troubling him as he wont leave the house.

this will also end unnecessary litigations.

Your opinions?

Learning

10 Replies

Bharath (Advocate)     02 June 2013

Fact of the matter is, marriage should be treated as a meeting of minds and not just bodies. There is an underlying angst in your message but dont you think you have over simplified the issue, most marriages in any part of India till this date is in control of the parents and the elders of the family. Those ppl would be appalled and wont even listen to such rebellious suggestions. It is time for us to take our life into our hands and take a hard stand against arcane and old customised marriages. Unless we do that, there simply is sno solution to the above mentioned issues.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Roshni B..

a live-in relation is only for getting benefits and s*xual gratification.no promises to stay 4ever in sickness and disease are made b4 starting it.

so,when any 1 partner discovers later,that a few of the benefits which he was getting till now are no more there,he can leave this relation willingly.or if the parner becomes bedtidden forever,then also he leaves it.

BUT,in a marriage,sacred vows are taken that the partners will live 4ever in good and bad times,in sickness and disease,and even if the man becomes jobless.

however in reality,the current generation is opting to divorce on these very grounds.

therefore,as of now,there are absolutely no differences b/w live in relation and marriage.

we are contradicting the sacred hindu tradition of taking these vows by introducing divorce on these grounds.

isnt it a better idea to ban marriages legally?

if we cannot do that,then atleast allow only those people to marry who strictly give an undertaking b4 marriage(besides the  vows) that he will opt to divorce only in case partner turns adulterous or tries to kill him.

adultery is the only condition for divorce in hinduism.after all the turmoil being caused in indian families by our "modern" thinking,this seems to be the right solution(as per me)

and,all those who dont want to be bound by these rules shud legally not be allowed to marry.they may go for live-ins,for they have no contracts/vows.

in the end only good charactered,honest people will come forward to marry.in-laws will treat the daughter/son inlaw well for they will know he is here forever.so no point troubling him as he wont leave the house.

this will also end unnecessary litigations.

Your opinions?

I dont see any sane thinking in this one. ban marriages?

Boys fail to understand few things as well girls when it comes to a marriage, arranged or  love.

Any girl marries a boy depending on the candidature, money, job, assests, social status etc, when diffrences evolve, they find that the other married only for the wealth, which is infact correct, but such picture becomes so very big that it dissolves reasonable thinking.

Ban marraiges legally?

Why?  Your parents/elders did not get married is it?

But of course, going by my experience, those who are still married, mind you, not talking about parents or elders [some cases are there too] stick on together or hold on together due to fear or parents/elders, society at large, fear of becoming a loner, fear of the huge expenditure involved in getting out of marriage legally.  

Each and everyone has problems in marriage, there is nothing called as a perfect marriage/perfect married life/happilly married all those are oxymorons.

There should be the need to be together, not out of the need for money, not out of fear of elders/society etc, but for one's own need to be together, have a companion, and one needs to invest in such relationship mostly time, money follows on.  These days what is missing is love.

One needs to find love in each other, instead of trying to find it somewhere else.

What's the secret of a long long long long married life?

Dont take divorce!

(Guest)

There is something seriously wrong with this lady. why is everywhere in her writeup

##########################

he was getting till now are no more there,he can leave this relation willingly.

then also he leaves it.

even if the man becomes jobless

an undertaking b4 marriage(besides the  vows) that he will opt to divorce only in case partner turns adulterous or tries to kill him.

in-laws will treat the daughter/son inlaw well for they will know he is here forever.so no point troubling him as he wont leave the house.

@Author

This is why you are a divorcee. Your mindset is sick. Why do you think that a divorce is always initiated by man. Now-a-days what option is he left with? The sickness in women is only the trouble. You(useless women) are greedy, insecure, incapable. You want to prove/teach a point but in the process you forget that you are his family. You make the man insane. You cannot run a family. You dont have the skill. Lesson!! FOFF!!!

Originally posted by : stalker

There is something seriously wrong with this lady. why is everywhere in her writeup

##########################

he was getting till now are no more there,he can leave this relation willingly.

then also he leaves it.

even if the man becomes jobless

an undertaking b4 marriage(besides the  vows) that he will opt to divorce only in case partner turns adulterous or tries to kill him.

in-laws will treat the daughter/son inlaw well for they will know he is here forever.so no point troubling him as he wont leave the house.

@Author

This is why you are a divorcee. Your mindset is sick. Why do you think that a divorce is always initiated by man. Now-a-days what option is he left with? The sickness in women is only the trouble. You(useless women) are greedy, insecure, incapable. You want to prove/teach a point but in the process you forget that you are his family. You make the man insane. You cannot run a family. You dont have the skill. Lesson!! FOFF!!!

@stalker

something is seriously wrong with your english.

all along i used the word "he" only to refer to the common man.it doesnt mean i am referring to a male.the common man means man and woman both.understood??

when i said "even if the man is "jobless", i was especially speaking in favour of husband.i meant to say that a wife must NOT leave her man even if he loses his job,which a live-in partner may do

@helping hand

even you misunderstood.i said that EITHER we ban marriages(since they have lost their meaning) or we allow only serious people to marry.people who are willing to divorce quickly are a burden on judiciary & bring so much pain to the other spouse & to both families.

KINDLY READ AGAIN.I used v.simple english.i dont know why u misunderstood my points so much

(Guest)

People who marry are serious, nobody marries for serious fun.

Another misconception from you and the thing that you shld know is divorce is the slowest law available. If someone deliberately wants to divorce also, its not easy. However the easiest thing is to keep false cases thats what some women do. If you have to worry then please take time to worry about that.

Divorce if happens, it happens for a reason. If people have reason then why shouldnt they part ways?

To me, divorce/498a is not bad as long as they are not false. I have never seen a false divorce case, may be you have seen and hence the thread.

[Last reply]

@stalker,

thanks for replying decently this time.

however i disagree with ur 1st line.

people who marry,then opt on their own for divorce on reasons like partner's infertility,joblessness,depression,suicidal tendencies,etc,are emotionally weak.such people SHUD NOT marry.if their own mother,sister,brother faced similar problems,they will become more caring towards them and will show them to doctor and offer lots of support to help him come out of the trauma.

so,if they cant support their partners in troubled times,why did they take those pheras and promise lifelongl companionship.such people are fit for live-ins where they can leave partner at will,when he ceases to be beneficial for them.

therefore,only mentally,spiritually and emotionally strong people,who have strong moral values as well and are honest and sincere shud get married.remaining may choose to have open relationships and live-ins,whatever they choose.

(Guest)

@Chulbul pandey,

Kindly maintain the decency of the forum.This forum is not a board to show indecency.

@Admin LCI,

Dear admin,This thread and all other such thread need your immediate attention and for the same I am reporting this thread to you.

Thank you,

(Guest)

@helping hand

even you misunderstood.i said that EITHER we ban marriages(since they have lost their meaning) or we allow only serious people to marry.people who are willing to divorce quickly are a burden on judiciary & bring so much pain to the other spouse & to both families.

KINDLY READ AGAIN.I used v.simple english.i dont know why u misunderstood my points so much

The thought itself is foolish one.

How will you gauge that two people serously want to get married, who respect the institution called as marriage etc?????

Is it possible to gauge such a thing?>

Or is it possible that two people seriously dont want to live together and hence they are asking for divorce, no matter what the other person has driven nuts into, buy his or her acts???

Is there a gauge for such a thing?  Yes?  How, illtreatment by either of the spouse.

Even by perhaps some kind of Godly intervention if one is able to make out that two people are really so very serious about getting married, does it give proof that they will stick to each other no matter what?  Who will give you the gaurantee.

If we ban marriages, its as good as telling the world that we live in modern society and we believe in fcuk and forget, in that way we ourselves will be telling about our mentality towards marriage.

Why laws have not been amended wrt divorce proceedings?  Only for the reason that its not in our culture, getting divorced.  What leads to a divorce one should first understand that, rise in income, rise in standard of living, high levels of education coupled with financial strength/independence all these make the marriage a very vulnerable, either they fail to adjust and run back to puppa mummy's house and say wont come if such such conditions are not accepted, or they just move out.

99% of divorces are happening not because of the husbands, but because of wife's.

In older times, our elders/parents there was a sense of dignity in which they led life, poorer economic conditions, coupled with religious and social beliefs made married couples to have some dignified behavior forced or not, but still there was a dignified kind of behavior which is not found in the married couples of today.

Did not our elders help each other in the kitchen washing vessels?  Did they not do it?  They did it, and they do it even today.

But what went wrong where?  It is a simple answer, girl never could learn the domestic work as mommy was always there at beck n call.

Get up, go school, mommy give tiffen box, go school, mommy am tired, give bornvita, time passes, 10th, 10+2, then want to study more, want to do degree, masters, end result?  One day parents get em married, two months into marriage, they come back home, they are not brought up even in such a way that they cannot look after themselves, what will they look after husband and inlaws, so easily they go back and sit and start putting conditions, I dont want to stay there.. why?  parent-in-laws question, kyon  beta aapke mummy ne aapko yeh sab nahi sikhaya kya? Beta aisa kyon nahi kiya.. etc now for a princess who had two servants called as pappa and mumma, if parent-in-laws start questioning, it is as good as an offence which is punishable under law, they torture me blah blah blah, so husband make seperate house, there also same circus, she cant cook, I mean the basic thing of the indian woman is of course cooking, if not either both the husband and wife should be in a position to make a different setup as a cook at home etc or manage food outside, but till how long?  Eventually they get fed up, and in between the urge?  what about that, have s e x and now one more headache for both of them, wife cant look after herself, she wants two servants ie puppa mumma, now on top of it pregnant, why did I get pregnant, why did that b-a-s-t-a-r-d got me pregnant, I told him to use a condom blah blah, then some more conditions, you only come and see us, we wont come there, you shift here blah blah, ultimately file for divorce.

Instead of telling marriages have lost meaning, why dont the present generation work toward try putting some meaning into the word marriage, rather than putting only meanings according to law of a 498a, DV, 125 crpc etc etc.

Why not show the world that they also can lead a life that of their elders, not quitting on each other, being there, building a family.

In one way our elders ane also responsible for what is happening in our society today ie increasing divorce cases, if they had put in the right values what were given to them by their elders, we would not have been in this kind of situation now.  But still we can instill values in the next generation by trying to follow what our forefathers followed.

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     03 June 2013

@to the person who finds only his views smart

so why not make it compulsory that people who are wanting to marry must 1st undergo psychological testing to judge their mental,emotional and psychological health and capacity.if they pass these tests,ie,fit to marry, then only they must be allowed to marry.

or else face these warring couples in courts and marriage counsellors when they put so much prs. on judiciary.

their children suffer,parents suffer and families suffer.it leads to depression,suicide and poor work performance.

(Guest)

@to the person who finds only his views smart

so why not make it compulsory that people who are wanting to marry must 1st undergo psychological testing to judge their mental,emotional and psychological health and capacity.if they pass these tests,ie,fit to marry, then only they must be allowed to marry.

or else face these warring couples in courts and marriage counsellors when they put so much prs. on judiciary.

their children suffer,parents suffer and families suffer.it leads to depression,suicide and poor work performance.

Lolz.... ha ha ha :-))