Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harish (Trusty)     16 February 2014

Marriage without divorce

Hello Dear All,

I had marriage 12 years back. Wife having infertility problem existed since her childhood. Wife's parent cheated about wife's congenital  infertility problem. Medically problem was detected. Parents of wife begged to me not to divorce to save their social image. Now I feel to have my own biological child. Can i marry to have progeny without divorcing my present wife. Please help.

Learning

6 Replies

gautam (not disclosed)     16 February 2014

illegal to do so if you are not marrying under muslim marriage laws

(Guest)

Marrying an other lady while your wife is alive is punishable under law. There are criminal sections attached to such an offense. Try other means like surrogacy etc.

Don't leave your wife for infertility reason, I don't think that's meaningful. You should not break someone's heart after 12years :-( But anyway if you can prove that you are cheated then you can apply for divorce based on cheating.

Harish (Trusty)     16 February 2014

Is there any legal remedy against such cheating like infertility hided at the time of marriage?

cyberlawyer (barrister)     16 February 2014

Is bigamy in hindu law an offence even if the marriage is consensual ( wife consenting for second marriage) ?

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     16 February 2014

not allowed.

dont even think so.

u will be punished.

Harish (Trusty)     17 February 2014

Yes Sir unwillingly willing because of her infertility problem

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register