Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

preetsingh (abc)     01 February 2013

Marriage with soon to be eu citizen and moving to croatia

Hi, everebody.

I would like to have legal advice for my situation.

My girlfriend is Croatian citizen, I am Indian citizen (Sikh) and we are planing to get married.
At the moment we both are living in Cyprus but planing to live in Croatia.

My question is: if we marry in Cyprus, will court papers be valid in India when I will apply for jioning family visa from India?

Other option is to marry in India. In that case, how is the procedure to marry in India and how long does it take since we are planing to move together to Croatia as soon as posible?
note: Croatia is non EU country, but will join EU this July.

Learning

2 Replies

Rudra (ahmedabad)     04 February 2013

Hi

My name is Rudra and am a solicitor and practicing in UK in immigration law please view my profile as the advice I give will here will be only generic and friendly.

Getting married in India is not at all a problem; you can get married and get the marriage certificate. Joining Croatia will not be a big hassle, just see the immigration website of Croatia and get the details of the requirements of joining as a family member of a Croatia citizen. IF you are able to fulfil the requirements then you can join her as Croatia immigrant. I doubt there would be any embassy in India to apply for such but my advice would be to let you wife speak with Croatia embassy to make your application directly to the country.

I know its going to join in EU this July 2013, but you still need to be Croatia Citizen or Croatia Immigrant to get entry in EU countries.

Should you require any further assistant in UK of EU immigration please call me at 0044-7894501157 or email me at rudra_23@yahoo.com

Best regards

Rudra

preetsingh (abc)     12 February 2013

hi everyone 

my name is jaspreet and living in punjab,my question is i want to marry in india with my croatian girlfriend,wht will the papers procedure for this?and how long its take time? and how long she has to stay in india for marriage?.

THANKS

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register