LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ABC (accont)     07 June 2015

Marriage with falsely 498a accused family is advisable?? Pls its urgent !!

Hi Experts,

Recently my marriage was fixed in a family. just before 2 days of engagement we got to know that the Girl's(with whome i was about to engaged) big brother's wife (her bhabhi) was not living with them from last few months and she was living in her own house. So, we stopped the engaement asking them to resolve the issue.

They (my would be's family) filled a case against her asking her to come back, in response of which she filled a false 498 A (DV). She also put in the name of her sister in law( nanad - my would be) too in that 498 A compaint . Some how we list out the girl (with whome i am about to get married) name from the FIR.

So, my question is:- My parents are really worried, that is it advisable to marry in that family? what if she (my would be's bhabhi) files a FIR again putting girl's name again in that??

Please suggest. I really need help !!!!


 10 Replies

ram mohan reddy (Proprietor)     07 June 2015

Dear One , you can marry her if found everything right.

If your would be family people are good , dont think about false case. Once your would be name removed from F.I.R means , again there is no chance to file her name by police. 


Consult good lawer or Save India Family team for best advice.

All the best.

1 Like

ABC (accont)     07 June 2015

@ram mohan reddy sir:- Do you think that there could be any any problem which can trouble my family later on?

Also, can her bhabhi drag her name or mine in any related issue in any way?? Can she(her bhabhi) launch any fresh compalint or any thing else in this regard?

Thanks for your reply experts !!

saravanan s (legal advisor)     07 June 2015

from your query i feel the problem is created by the brother in law wifes side.without knowing the facts clearily you shouldnt have forced your would be side to solve the issue or bring bil wife in the given situation as mr ram mohan reddy rightly said if the allegations made by bil wife is false her case wont if you are clear or satisfied that if your would be side is not at fault then you can marry her and proceed with your life

saravanan s (legal advisor)     07 June 2015

she cant include your name because all her allegations has happened before you entered the dont worry

1 Like

ABC (accont)     07 June 2015

@saravanan sir:- Actually we didn't force them to file a case, later they told us that they were also thinking about the same option i.e. filing the case to come back.

1. Can she launch a fresh FIR or alligation and drag my would be again? providing currently we have list out the girl name?

2. Do we need confirmation from court about the accused names in FIR?

Finally, what would be your expert openion about this case considering the above information.

Thanks for reply Experts!!




Backing out from marriage with that girl at this stage would further aggravate her parents problems.These type of cases on the entire household have become a common feature today,hence proceed for marriage as decided.

1 Like

Rajesh   18 June 2015

your would be name was in the first instance then removed. and again if they try to put your wouldbe name itself shows the efforts are false and i hope they never do that to weaken their stand. well said thoughts from saravanan,ram mohan and sainath sirs..

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     18 June 2015

no useful advise can be given without seeing the papers.

Arnab Banerji (Mob:- 92-3001-3001 CIVIL & CRIMINAL ADVOCATE     16 July 2015

FIR filing is like giving a slap on somebody's face. Be for sure that your would be brother in laws wife can't file several FIR. But if you are for sure that your would be wife is free from all allegations then why are you hesitating to marry her. You can frame any one but you need to prove that at Ld. Court. Else the Ld. Court will make them feel the consequences. Again 498A and DV are separate both things and don't go hand in hand. You wait till the chargesheet is submitted in 498A and see if the girl whom you are willing to marry is not in the chargesheet by name, then you can complete your marriage at ease. Prejudices other than law part excuse.

legaljoe68 (member)     24 July 2015

avoid trouble , why want to invite , nobody listens when the name figures in FIR.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query