LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ankit (engineer)     28 May 2019

Marriage registration in other state


I am a permanent resident of Bhadohi, UP. I was married in february, 2018. The residence address of my wife was Varanasi, UP at the time of marriage.Our marriage was held in Varanasi.

Due to my job we have moved  to New Delhi after marriage. We want to get our marriage registered.

For registration of marriage, what process and where (whether in Delhi or UP) do we have to proceed. Can it be registered in Delhi, given that all our documents have address of UP.


Ankit Vishwakarma

 3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     28 May 2019

Dear querist, I think you are Hindu.  Your marriage shall be registered at Varanasi or at Bhadohi.  You go to registrar office on any working day with Aadhaar card of both, marriage hall receipt, wedding card--optional, and three witnesses. There are Form-A and Declaration of bride and groom The marriage will be registered within hours and certificate will be issued. if any doubt call 9490929460.

KS Johal   28 May 2019

Very good answer Kavksatyanarayana.

Itzeazy   30 April 2021

You can register your marriage in Delhi if either you or your wife has address proof of Delhi . Address proof document can be voterid , passport, Aadhar . 



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query