Marriage registration

Dear Member,

Please guide me on the following:

I got married last month from Varanasi(Home town of Groom & Bride),both of us stay and work in mumbai from past 4 years,the groom is having Mumbai local address proof too. Can we regsiter our marriage from Mumbai Instead of Varanasi as both the party have a stay in mumbai for more than six month?

If yes, kindly apprise me with the procedure for same.

Thanks in Anticipation.


Smriti Dixit


legal advisor

yes you got to approach the registrar of marriages in your locality and file an application for registering the marriage under hindu marriage act (if bothare hindus) with whatever proofs in hand like marriage invitation, photos etc along with two witness who would be needed to sign in front of the marriage registrar


Retd Sr Director Govt of India/ Advocate

1) Agreed to the experts opinion.  Go with ID proof, Residence proof alongwith other documents stated above and get registered.


Thanks a lot Sir.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Muslim Personal Law     |    x