LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Piyush   04 March 2016

Marriage registration

Hi, I am a Married Kashmiri Hindu from the State of J&K ,Now  Living in Noida. I had applied for Marriage registration under Hindu Marriage Act from the state of Delhi as my Wife is from Delhi and the Marriage took place in Delhi. 


But I was Told by the SDM that my marriage cannot be registered in Delhi because I am from J&K and passport also holds the Address of J&K.although the applicant who filed for registration lives in delhi.


Can somebody please throw some light on this.





 2 Replies

Kapil Chandna (Lawyer at Supreme Court of India)     04 March 2016



It can be done .I have a person who can get the same done.


Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Advocate


VARUN MAHAJAN (Proprietor)     29 August 2017

Marriage Certificate will be issued in tehsil office of Jammu as the Groom is from J&K

few doccuents are required

i.e pics of Marriage 
id proof

Passport size photo

and Marriage Cards of both the parties etc

any other query you may contact @9796066836 from jammu only

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query