LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Marriage of Love


Respected Sir,


I am from Uttar Pradesh preparing for IAS in Delhi and want to do marriage in Delhi .

 What about FIR ....if Made by Girl's Parents. We are of 24 & 22 years old. How I can

save my parents from any type of FIR. Where I should go for marriage in arya samaj or

any other place.


Some month ago , Delhi Govt. has reduced the Time period of 30 Days to Zero (0) Days

in legislation ....this has came in effect or not.


Please give your important and great solution. SIr


 8 Replies

ashish lal (Advocacy)     08 December 2010

Both are majors therefore neither you nor your parents are going to confront any legal problem.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     08 December 2010

I agree with Ashish, I also prefer love marriage no matter what the opposition are after all its your better half so why worry? there is absolutely no legal impediments if both of you are adults. All the best to your marriage and your IAS Exam.

HANUMANT DESHMUKH (Activist)     08 December 2010

Girls parents can file FIR for abduction, rape and what not. This is what usually happens and the police then creates troubles for the couple...mostly for the boy.

If that happens to you, surrender before the local court along with your wife and ask for protection and quashing of the FIR.

2 Like

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     08 December 2010

You can go for Court marriage.

benivolent (seo)     10 December 2010

I have the same opinion. I too like better love marriage ceremony. Go ahead..



<a target='_blank' rel='nofollow' href=””>Matrimonial software</a> <a target='_blank' rel='nofollow' href=””>matrimonial scriptt</a>

avi (Data entry operator)     11 December 2010

my question was same.

Rajeev Kumar (Professioanl Social worker)     14 December 2010

Dear Mr. Raj

In Delhi, You are safe, in April 2009 Delhi HC passed the judgement that any prior notice will not be sent to parent for marriage. so you apply under special marriage act-1954

all the best


Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     14 December 2010

if they file FIR immediately file FIR against them  for filing false case against you. and let them dance

DONOT in any circumstances let them take away your wife/ gf  with them or u all may land in jail for rape abduction and watever their imagination.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register