Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Narayana   25 August 2020

Marriage: last 7.5 years alone living

Dear Sir/Madam,

I got married in Aug/2012, after marriage, 6 months later my wife absconded and reached to in-law home with ethe help of her father, later found it (her mother's home).

Got a boy child and last 7.5 years no contact with her and kid.

I am not interested to live with her as she cheated, blamed, spoiled me and my family reputation, simple created hell out of the problems, like police complaint on dowry case, threatens to me etc.

We did once compromise, again after compromise, 3 days later she absconded with her parents from my home town(2nd time).

My father did not agree to go to police station at our side to complain on them about this, this is a family don't create mess like them . and stopped me.

We separated for last 7.5 years.

They did not file a divorce.

I did not file a divorce case, i am living single last 7.5 years, no alimony paid from my side, thinking not interested to step into "court steps" as i feel very bad about my life, lost 7.5 golden years

What  are the possible solutions around, Indian family courts favor to women not men, i am really loosing my career as a single.

If My wife refuse to apply divorce, agree for divorce, what should i do?

We don't have marriage certificate from registrar office etc.

Shall i marry without divorce, Indian law has 7 years rule if separated each other then no need to put up a divorce case on either side etc.?

Please advise solutions to this problem.

Learning

3 Replies

Jasbir Singh Chawla   25 August 2020

explain 7 years rule

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     25 August 2020

If the spouse has not been heard of as being alive for a period of at least seven years, by such individuals who would have heard about such spouseif he or she were alive, then the spouse who is alive can obtain a judicial decree of divorce.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     25 August 2020

Hello,

In your case stated above you have to approach court for divorce. You can file divorce on the ground of desertion. If your wife is eligible for maintenance in that case go for one time maintenance amount. There is no law that, if you are separated for 7 years then you can get divorce with out approaching court. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register