LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arpa Mukherjee   03 December 2021

Marriage issue | Parental pressure | Need honest and genuine suggestion

The parents of my girlfriend have created a matrimonial profile of her on one of the leading matrimony platforms, and are putting enormous pressure on her to get married to someone else. Our professional and personal lives are getting hugely impacted to say the least. With utmost pain I request honest and genuine answer how to combat with this situation from a legal point of view? Can my girlfriend take any action against them in local police, if yes how can we teach them a lesson? I did not have any ill will against them, but after knowing me for several years their recent behavior is like a backstabbing for me.

 4 Replies

Adv Ibrahim Deshmukh - Navi Mu (Advocate)     04 December 2021

If you both are adult (above 18 and 21) and if she has no hesitation. Convey both of your message politely to her parents to get in wedlock. Else go for registered marriage. 




1 Like

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     04 December 2021

Parents have every natural rights on their children. Whether they live under the same roof or not, parents have a moral duty to give honest advice to their adult children; they also provide wonderful company to the grandchildren. Educated and enlightened children never miss out from parental wisdom, although at the end of the day decision is theirs.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     04 December 2021

The parents are performing their religious duties and "Dharma".  It is left to the adult daughter to take a decision.  Except meeting the parents and convincing them for performing the marriage or convincing your girls friend for a registered marriage, you have no other business to involve in other's matters.

Dr J C Vashista (Lawyer)     05 December 2021

I agree with the opinion and advise of expert Mr. Ibrahim Deshmukh.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query