Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

STUDENT.... (.......)     13 August 2013

Marriage is valid or not

Hi Team,

One of my friend has got married as per Hindu Rituals in ARYA SAMAJ MANDIR (ARYA SAMAJ MARRIAGE) in Mar'2013 in the presence of Both Boy and Girl Family .

Now when her (GIRL) family is asking the boy to register his marriage in court he is making one or the other excuse every now and then.

I would like to know:

1. Is Arya Samaj Marriage is Valid?
  2. After Marriage took place Both Bride and Groom and her and his family members have signed the papers in Arya Samaj Mandir and got the receipt/document as well.
  3. Arya Samaj Marriage without court registration is valid or not in the court of law?

Thanks,

Kunal

Learning

10 Replies

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     13 August 2013

yup - valid.

the mere pre-requisite is Saptapadi for a valid Hindu marriage.

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     13 August 2013

Arya Samaj Marriage as such a valid marriage as per Arya Samaj Marriage Validation Act, 1937.  After marriage, they also issue a certificate.  If you do not have certificate, get a duplicate certificate from the temple, where the marriage had taken place.  Unfortunately, it came to light that some unscrupulous elements have been solemnizing Arya Samaj Marriages and issuing the certificates, where as they are not authorized to do so and such marriages have got the probability of declaring fake marriage.  In Delhi such cases came to light and the hon'ble Delhi High Court has taken cognizance of the same and has constituted an enquiry. The worrying factor in your case is that the reluctance of the boy to undergo the marriage (which you call court marriage) as per Section 8 of Hindu Marriage Act.  You should insist the boy and take both boy and girl along with the marriage photos and arya Samaj Marriage Certificate and get this marriage registered before the marriage officer under Hindu Marriage Act.  If he prevaricates then you can smell the rat and take proper course of action to preempt any evil design.

n chitty s kumar (student)     13 August 2013

It is valid

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     13 August 2013

Arya samaj marriage is acceptable and the certificate is valid through out the legal system of our india laws 

as said above false certificates are issued by some persons by taking money and those marriages are endding without any pretext 

so in your case the girl sid parents are worrying if any thing is gone wrong then this certificate will not be valid so there is no problem in obtainng another certificate from the court producing photos, certificate and NOC from parents

Vikas Setia (Legal Advisor and Petition Drafting)     13 August 2013

As per the facts mentioned in your email, marriage is valid.

(Guest)

@Raj 123,even i have the same question to ask,waiting for experts answers.

1 Like

(Guest)

ARya samaj marriage is very much valid throughout India....

The certificate which is given by the preist of arya samaj madir has to be shown to marriage registrar to register the marriage.

Nitin (Law)     15 August 2013

You marriage is only legal if you want to file any false charges like DV,498 etc but if you go with this Temple certificate then you cannot get a Housing Loan or Claim rights on property of your husband or Open a joint Bank account with husband or Claim husbands LIC after his death.This certificate will neither be accepted by Passport office when you want to add spouse name or accepted by any Foreign embassy.So fo all these purpose you need a original Marriage registration certificate.

Please note that SC has already given instructions that every marriage should be registered but its not being followed and Advocated open up the HMA and read Section 8.

So proof of Marriage ceremony with Videos and Photos will not help much and one has to fight a long battle whereas if Marriage is registered then it will be accepted in India and all over the world.It is for sure your husband is a smart guy and he knows this.

Prafull Kumar   14 June 2015

Dear All-- my self is prafull please suggests i want to do love marriage from arya samaj mandir delhi.. So please confirm marriage certificate which is provided by arya samaj mandir it is legally valid or noi...

Shailendra Singh   11 October 2023

ARYA SAMAJ marrige certificate issued ,if name and address in worng in certificate.it can be valid document.pls segusst me

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register