LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rabiya (Associate Sw Engg)     07 February 2019

Marriage is not consummated

Hi, I'm a Muslim female.. My marriage was held on June 2018 in Chennai. This is a second marriage for my husband, all elders in both of our family convinced me and arranged this marriage, they told lot of other reasons for his unsuccessful first marriage. But on October 2018 I came to know that My husband is having Psychogenic ED, Even his first marriage was miserably ended because of his impotency. So now, is it possible to declare my marriage as "Null and Void" ?


 5 Replies

Rabiya (Associate Sw Engg)     07 February 2019

I tried to take him to the counseling for past four months, but he is not at all ready and he don't have interest in s*xual life.

Rabiya (Associate Sw Engg)     07 February 2019

Thanks for the response.. I just want to know few details like, If I want to go through the court, what is the procedure? how many months it will take to get the final judgement?

vinay_2431 (engineer)     07 February 2019

Prasanna Sir Ji,

  You are awesome , I am becoming a Fan of yours day by day ..

Because of men like you men's rights were being recognized.

Great Job and Thanks Sir.



Rabiya (Associate Sw Engg)     07 February 2019

Excuse me, I'm not here to listen to your songs, I just want some suggestions from advocate,.. as a advocate if you know anything then tell me, if not please leave..

Samarpan (M)99958670740 (Free legal advice and legal aid cell)     08 February 2019

Under Section 2 (v) of the Dissolution of Muslim Marriage Act, 1939 you can get divorce on the ground of his impotency by filing petition in Family Court, where you reside.  You can approach the District Legal Services Authority in District Court and you will get a free legal aid advocate to help you.  Everything will be provided free of cost.  It will take two to  three years to get divorce from family court.  In the court a direction will be given to husband to appear before a medical board of the government hospital and get potency certificate.  If he fails to get such certificate or fails to appear before such board, adverse inference can be drawn and you would get divorce.  

In Sharia law also, you can go for Khulla and get divorce, as muslim marriage is a contractual marriage and it can be resciended at the will of any one of the parties.  Contact Maulvi of your area Masjid and he will issue notice to your husband and after that marriage will be annuled. Best of luck.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register