Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

lakshmi (hr)     10 October 2013

Marriage in a problem

Dear Experts,

My name is Lakshmi.I am married for past 2 years.We life in Bangalore but originally hail from Kerala.

I am the only daughter of my parents.My parents have no other income.All they have is a small house in kerala.I left the job due to health issues.Before marriage my parents and I expected that my husband will support my parents financially but he is not interested to help them. Now my parents do not have any money to live.My husband is not ready to support financially.He is not interested in the property which my parents have.he does not want my parents to stay with us in Bangalore.I am very appalled by husband's attitude.I want to know is my husband legally bound to help my parents financially.Is he responsible to take care of my parents as well?

Now I am seriously thinking of a divorce.He is taking care of myself very well but I am worried about my parents.Am i eligible for any kind of alimony.

Regards,

Lakshmi

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)

@querist ...y have u put the same query again and that to on ur wife's behalf ?ha ha ..u think the forum members won't understand ..

1 Like

(Guest)

No obligation for the husaband to look after in-laws.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     10 October 2013

No , legally your husband is not liable for the maintenance of his in-laws.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     10 October 2013

No , legally your husband is not liable for the maintenance of his in-laws.

Reformist !!! (Other)     11 October 2013

awesome people, Lady asking for dowry from husband........a very common attitude amongst todays girl where they want husbands to support their families and if they do not want to do so, they are charged with 498a, 125 n DV.

Go for the advice given by raj123

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register