LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kalloor joseph michael   27 March 2024

Marriage divorce papers

Dear Lawyers & Advisors,

Goodday!!! How are you all,

this is an enquiry regarding my Divorce Issue- I got married on January 10 ,2010myself working abroad, got seperated after 2-3 months

wife side family they dont have son only daughters and they want me to stay with them after marriage. which i was not interested. My wife she doesnt want to have Kids, she doesnt want to stay with my family and also she doesnt want to travel abroad. so we got seperated. after 10yrs they had filed divorce notice hen i was abroad and they had paid all the money for legal documents and moved further. which i was not interested. if yur interested for divorce proceed further. but now the lawyer from my wife side Kerala. hes asking me money 10K to receive the papers ( legal documents) he said divorce granted pay 10K and apply for papers he saying. when they divorce is been proceeded from Girls Family. why should I pay the money. Is it Legal to pay like that or the lawyer in kerala hes trying to make money. If i Pay the money it means iam the one applying divorce. I want her to live with me. the whole family had blocked our family numbers and no communication its been 14years now we re seperated and no contacts. Please I need your advise and solution to finish this Issue and collect my Divorce granted papers from Kerala Court. Please advise me.


 14 Replies

Shashi Dhara   27 March 2024

You engage advocate he will obtain divorce decree  certified copies and deliver it to you he will charge for it.

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 March 2024

You can refuse to pay any amount to the opposite side lawyer because you are not bound to pay him anything let him collect the charges from her. 

However note that if you engage his services you have to pay him the lawyer fee. 

Kalloor joseph michael   28 March 2024

Sir Thankyou so much.

the problem his when i spoke to her lwayer. that i will not pay the money you have to take all the charges from her and send me the papers.

but after her lawyer said iam busy dont disturb. without money we cant proceed iam busy he said and denied.

so what to do sir next step. without this clearance papaers i cannot move forward for another proposal. its been 14yrs without getting married. now my mother is searching for marriage proposal for me.

Shashi Dhara   28 March 2024

You engage another advocate and file vakalat to obtain certified copies., i hope you have not filed joint petition with mutual consent.another advocate may charge 3 to 4 krs.

Kalloor joseph michael   28 March 2024

Dear Sir, I havent done anything. i dont have lawyer i havent gone to church or court. I was in Abroad and last month i came to india chennai. only her lawyer msgd me and the whole family people i try to contact them but they all have blocked our families numbers.

only her sister husband said that they refuse to give numbers if anythng required please contact their lawyer, he disconnected the line.

in kerala court how do i proceed and what shoud i do further.. bcos this divorce issue should not affect if my marriage i fixed. 

Shashi Dhara   28 March 2024

First you search in which family court they have filed petition that is were she is residing jurisdiction court and case number in internet or with the help of local advocate.

Kalloor joseph michael   28 March 2024

Ok i will check with her lawyer to get the details. once received i will back to you sir.


Prabhat Kaushik (AOR Supreme Court of India)     29 March 2024

No you dont required to pay anything

Kalloor joseph michael   30 March 2024

Hi Sir, Goodmorning!!!

Can anyone please tell me any online website for the court to find the case number or judgement details online: because my wife opposite lawyer hes not giving me any details and asking for money. I refused to pay him. because this divorce issue its not from my side. So any lawyers or advisor can help me in this issue. please tell me sir i will follow the advise. the opposite lawyer refused to give details

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 March 2024

You can log in to website and search for the details of the case.

However please note that you will not get the details of the party nor the case if the case has been disposed by a family court.

Why do you have to depend on the lawyer, if you know the court in which this case was going on then you can visit the court directly and file a copy application to obtain certified copies as party in person if you are one of the parties to the case.

You cannot claim the copy of the divorce papers from the lawyer from her side because you have not engaged him.

If you want to have the papers through her lawyer then you are supposed to engage his services for this purpose hence you need to pay his nominal fees for this service.

Kalloor joseph michael   30 March 2024

thanks so much sir..

I dont need her lawyer and if i pay her lawyer then iam guilty.

actually Iam her husband and my family doesnt like divorce or living seperate.

I was in abroad and i dont know which court- my wife from trivandrum so i have to travel their and check the court and department

now iam in chennai

please check the screeshot of her lawyer conversation.

Attached File : 1021246 20240330133110 divorce lawyer.jpg downloaded: 42 times

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 April 2024

You were advised with the proper procedure to be followed in this regard, if you don't want to follow them and stick to your own point, God alone can save you.

Kalloor joseph michael   02 April 2024

Hi sir, yes iam already following your advise. Sure i will update regarding this issue sir.


Kalloor michael Joseph

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 April 2024

You are welcome for your appreciations and understanding 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More