LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul Chauhan (TP)     02 February 2015

Marriage dates

My marriage year wrong mention in FIR. In FIR year showing Feb 2002 and correct year is Feb 2003 and before my marriage my wife had one more marriage in sep 2002 and then after her family had this first marriage null through court and arrange marriage from me. Can I take any benefit in 498A false dowry case?


 2 Replies

Arpan Vasudev (specialist)     02 February 2015

If it is Year 2002 or 2003....then u don't need to worry as harrasment case can only be booked during first 7 years of marriage

CompelledToLearnLaw (Financial Examiner)     02 February 2015

Arpan, u r wrong about the 7 year thing. ‘Within seven years of her marriage’ applies to IPC 304B which is a dowry death case. 498a has no such relief. This is basic stuff.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register