Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bharath (Network Engineer)     29 November 2009

Marriage Certificate Procedure

Dear Advocates,

I need some clarifications on the below 2 queries, please help me out.

1. If i get married at Arya Samaj, the certificated issued by them is valid or not?

2. If  valid, The Indian Register Office will issue a govt marriage certificate based on Arya Samaj Ceritificate?, if so in how many working days?

My details:

I am Hindu 26, the girl is also Hindu 20 years old, both belongs to BC. If need any information please let me know. 

Thanks and Regards,

Bharath K

Learning

10 Replies

S. Bharath (Advocate and Arbitrator Formerly Civil Judge)     29 November 2009

In which State did you get marry? And what was the date of marriage?

1 Like

Dear Bharath,

I belong to Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad resident. I am not married yet, i am planning mid of next year. Right now i am in Malayisa, once i get married i need to proceed with spouse visa and other things. So i need the information, which way is the fastest way to get the marriage certificate.

Generally as per my understanding and research, Register office need 30 days to give the certificate, but if i submit the Arya Samaj Certificate (Which i will get instantly after marriage) to Register Office, will they give the Govt.Marriage certificate or not ?

I hope you understand my question. 

Thanks and Regards,

Bharath K

Mahesh Agrawal (Lawyer)     29 November 2009

Dear Bharath,

If you apply for a marriage certificate to registrar for hindu marriage (ADM or Municipal office as the state govt. has appointed under hindu marriage act or compulsory registration of marriage). you will get the certificate on the same day or next day. You have to give them your  joint photo of marriage ceremoney, marriage cards and two witneses along with your parents.

Dear Mahesh,

It is a love marriage. 

Mahesh Agrawal (Lawyer)     29 November 2009

WHETHER YOUR MARRIAGE IS LOVE OR ARRANGE IT IS IMMETERIAL, YOU HAVE TO APPLY FOR MARRIGAE AND ON THE DATE OF YOUR MARRIAGE BEFORE THE MARRIAGE OFFICER IS A DOCUMENTARY ONE. YOU HAVE TO SIGN ONLY IN THE REGISTER OF THE OFFICE. NO FORMAL MARRIAGE IS REQUIRED. THERE IS A OPTION FOR GETTING MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE AFTER YOUR MARRIAGE AS TOLD BY YOU AT ARYA MARRIAGE BUT AS YOUR SPOUSE HAS NOT COMPLETED 21 YEARS OF AGE IT IS NOT POSSIBLE.

1 Like

Dear Mahesh,

So, I have only option that i have to go for Register Office with 30 days prior notice. 

Kindly let me know, if i have to take care anything before I apply for Register office.

Thanks alot Mahesh.

Bharath K

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     29 November 2009

Whereever you are you have to file

APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION OF HINDU MARRIAGE

Under Rule 4(2) Of Uttar Pradesh Hindu Marriage Registration Rules 1973

Requisites- 1.Proof of age of both

2.Three joint photographs.

3. Some ceremonial photographs.

4. Joint Affidavit.

5. Certificate as described in the last of application

on fulfilling the formalties you can obtain certificate on the same day.

dhiraj choudhary (n/a)     29 November 2009

no simply go 2 d off. of registrar with two witnesses one from your side one from d girl side alongwith date of birth certificates,joint as wel as individual pasport photographs.the off. 'll record d statement of witnesses n 'll charge from u a nominal fees. thats all

A V Vishal (Advocate)     29 November 2009

This procedure is prescribed in A P for registration of marriage if the marriage is solemnised in Arya Samaj:

An application for the registration shall be in FORM A and shall be signed by each party to the marriage or by the guardian. Such a party shall be presented in person before the Registrar in whose jurisdiction either party to the marriage has been residing for at least six months immediately preceding the date of marriage.

• The party has to append proof of age, marriage certificate and marriage photo
  • Both the parties to the marriage and the guardian or atleast 2 witnesses to appear before the marriage Registrar personally.
  • The application for registration of marriage shall be presented within one month of the date of solemnization of the marriage.
  • If the delay is more than one month, up to 5 years, the Sub-Registrar will condone the delay.
  • If the delay is above 5 years, the District Registrar will condone the delay.

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     30 November 2009

GET MARRY WITH TRADITIONAL WAY IN ANY TEMPLE AND ARYA SAMAJ , GET CERTIFICATE FROM CONCERNS, TWO PHOTOS OF SOLEMNIZED MARRIAGE AND APPROACH SUB REGISTRAR IN AREA U IN HYDERABAD.--- 2/3 WITNESS, MARRIAGE INVITATION , I.D. AGE, ADDRESS PROOF & FEE RS.10. THE NEXT DAY YOU WILL BE ISSUED POST MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE WHERE U HAVE A PROVISION TO CHANGE UR SPOUSE NAME AFTER MARRIAGE.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register