IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jiks (manager)     18 March 2014

Marriage certificate original

A marriage certificate was made from Bandra court, the lawyer asked some documents, but there was no marriage done in temple so no documents, the girl and guy dint had any marriage card as there was no marriage done, so the marriage card was printed and given to the lawyer, there were no witnesses, so the lawyer arranged the witnesses, there was no marriage or garland exchange in front of the registrar, as it was not required as per the lawyer, after 2 weeks a marriage certificate was received, i want to if this is a valid certificate? or the marriage is nullified? is there any way to find in the family court if this marraige was actually registered? the dates and day are not in rememberance as this was done in the year of 2009


can i anyone help?


 11 Replies

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     18 March 2014

Is there any invitation or photograph to evidence the marriage?

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     18 March 2014

Dear Querist

engage a lawyer to check validity of this marriage certificate or contact personally to marriage registrar office who issue this certificate.

1 Like

Jiks (manager)     18 March 2014

thanks all for the quick reply i really appreciate it

@Aravinthan : there is no invitation or photograph as there was nothing done on the marriage ceremony., just walked to bandra court and asked the lawyer and rest all he did. the weird part was the bandra family court was never visited


Sameer12345 (SSE)     18 March 2014

Dear Querist,


Rightly advised, contact a lawyer and get your marriage declared nullity from court.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     18 March 2014

dear jiks, apply for certified copy of Marriage register in Form -1B with enclosures from the Marriage Registrar concerned and after obtaining the same contact  a lawyer.  this is for suggestion.

Jiks (manager)     18 March 2014

thanks all very much, i forgot to mention the marriage certificate is also lost and also the date and year is not remembered.

Still there can be a help.

Jiks (manager)     18 March 2014

Dear kavksatyanarayana,

as i mentioned i forgot to mention the certificate is lost and the date and year is not remembered.

And neither the guy and girl stayed together after the certificate was made, as the family were not involved and were not informed and it is still not informed


sorry all for giving the complete story in bits and pieces, but i m in trauma...i cant understand as the girl is not ready to make it legal and also not sure to leave me and i am stuck

Jiks (manager)     19 March 2014

thanks all for the help

is there any way to get a nullify document from court, or is there a way to completely be out of the government documents ( if any in the registrar office)?

Jiks (manager)     19 March 2014

no idea if it was a registered marriage...as the lawyer called me after 7 days and gave me a certificate which just mentioned certificate of registration of marriage, there was no photograph on the certificate, the sign of guy and girl was done in the bandra court

i dont know about HMA or SMA

LEGAL-CIVIL CRIMINAL (SENIOR ADVUCATE. skjadvt@gmail.com)     19 March 2014

you can apply under RTI  and get all the details from the dept.

Jiks (manager)     19 March 2014

but is it a valid marriage? can i marry now with some other girl?

will there be any complications later on ? or find as a guilt?

Will it be proved that the marraige is valid later on?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query