LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nitin Varma (Owner)     13 February 2015

Marriage certificate issued by trust

I wanted to make a marriage certificate urgently and so I searched internet and found one person name. He assured me that he will provide me with a marriage certificate with a fee of Rs. 5000/- within one day. But when he issued me the marriage certificate, it came out to be from "Cephas & Sharon Angre Foundation" having Licence User CUC Trust No. D-31/1968 under Public Trust Act 1950. Sir, I want to know that is this Marriage Certificate legal and can I use this marriage certificate issued by Trust for pan card, aadhar card, passport and other government documentation. Also, is there any legal provision that a Trust can issue a marriage certificate with stamp of Government of India other Registrar of Marriages.


 8 Replies

Nitin Varma (Owner)     13 February 2015

Also Sir, is there any legal provision that a Trust can issue a marriage certificate with stamp of Government of India other than Registrar of Marriages.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     13 February 2015

Nitin don't pay him anything, you can register your marriage in the sub -registrar office of your jurisdiction where the place you are residing, you will get the marriage certificate within three days .

Mohammed Ameenuddin (Sr. Legal Manager)     14 February 2015

The marriage certificate issued by any authority other than Sub Registrar is Null & Void.

In case of Muslim marriages it is issued by Wakf Board.

1 Like

Nitin Varma (Owner)     14 February 2015

Thankyou Sir for your kind reply

Pranali Sharma   01 June 2017

Thanks for sharing useful information,I appreciate your efforts in collecting the information. The material will be very useful for me as my friend had some issues with the procedure for taking marrige certificate.
click here to do aadhar card download with aadhaar number online

Adv. Rakesh Martyn   01 June 2017

Agree with above.  Only SDM can issue marriage certificate. Other certificates include certificate from qazi, presbyter in charge of a church, and few temples and arya samaj are valid.

Kashmira   20 September 2017

Hey Nitin.. I have been approached by the same person... so can you tell me what did you do about it and how did it fair.. actually I also need an urgent intercaste marriage (without and change is religion ).


One of the most important aspects of a wedding is the registration of the marriage. Couples getting married may use the Hindu Marriage Act or Special Marriage Act, regardless of their religion. It is advantageous for both partners to register, whether before, during, or after marriage. A marriage certificate is required for any official work related to the marriage.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register