Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Saibharathi (Software Engineer)     10 April 2012

Marriage certificate correction

Hi,

I need to get my husband's name corrected in our marriage certificate. His name is Patti XXX YYY but marriage certificate reads "Prakash XXX YYY" . We did not provide the incorrect name to the registrar but I believe it happened because of some confusion. In all of his ID proof's his name is abbreviated as P XXX YYY. Since our marriage was registered in Tamilnadu and the naming convention here is father's name as initial, "P" was assumed as his father's name (which also happens to start with "P") and incorrectly printed as Prakash XXX YYY. What we provided to the registrar was "P XXX YYY".  Our marriage was registered in 2009. Can someone please guide me on how to get this corrected?

Thanks,

Moni

Learning

2 Replies

Advocate M.Bhadra   10 April 2012

You can correction the said marrriage certificate by declaration an Affidavit to  his actual name before the Judicial Magistrate and publish in the Newspaper then submitting these document to the concerned Marriage Officer for correction.

muneerajameel (programmer)     03 April 2014

Hi Madam/Sir,

one month back I got my marriage certificate. Unfortunately we didn't read that carefully. Its totally our mistake. The certificate is totally messed up with all wrong information. Its not at all a marriage certificate, though we have given 100% correct details. And, unfortunately we didn't take the photocopy of the application form 'submitted. Please help me, how to get the correct one and what is the procedure to get it soon as visa has to be processed soon. My husband is in abroad. Please help me.

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register