IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krishna (na)     06 June 2013

Marriage certificate

Dear Experts,

I got a marriage certificate from Mumbai. But post marriage settled at New Delhi.

My queries are:

1.  Can I apply for a fresh Marriage certificate from Delhi Court. Delhi residence proofs are available (i.e. Voter ID card)

2.  There are some changes in my Wife's name & address.


 2 Replies

Advocate Sastry (Advocate)     06 June 2013

Hindu marriage Act provides for the registration of an already solemnized marriage. Parties to the marriage have to apply to the Registrar in whose jurisdiction the marriage is solemnized or to the Registrar in whose jurisdiction either party to the marriage has been residing for at least six months immediately preceding the date of marriage. Both the parties have to appear before the Registrar along with their parents or guardians or other witnesses within one month from the date of marriage. There is a provision for condonation of delay upto 5 years by the Registrar and thereafter by the District Registrar concerned.

If there are mistakes in the name of your wife, please get them corrected from where you took the marriage certificate by showing doucmentary evidence.

Paras Awasthi (Businessman)     10 June 2013



You can have all these documents made from www. lawkonect.com


On this website you can also get these queries answered by experts.


Just post your query online in very simple words and you will get a detailed response to your question by seasoned lawyers as per your requirement.



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query