LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ajit Chand (Consultant)     16 June 2015

Marriage certificate

Hi all,

I got married in 2002 away from home and it was a intercaste marraiage within Hindu (me-Devanga and she-Vysya).We got married in a temple and there is no legal documentary proof for that.

Now I am in need of Marriage certificate for Dependant Visa processing.Can I get a marriage ceritificate after 13 years and is there any alternate document which can suffice this requirement?







 4 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     16 June 2015

do you have any photographs taken during marriage or any invitation or things like that .with that proof of marriage you can will also be needed to get two witness to sign before the marriage officer at the time of registartion

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     16 June 2015

  • Apply to the Registrar in whose jurisdiction the marriage is solemnized.
  • You can also apply to the Registrar in whose jurisdiction either party to the marriage has been residing at least for six months immediately preceding the date of marriage. 

rajuchowdappa   16 June 2015

Mr.Ajit I will get you a Marriage certificate. So you can contact me 9738465552.

N R Dash.. (Advocate)     17 June 2015

You can apply it online and there is a list if document you need to provide. Just apply online and present in the registrar office as per the appointment with all original documents. Its not that difficult and you can do it your own....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query