Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sachin (Manager)     07 May 2010

Marriage Certificat

Hi

I got married in Delhi through a Arya Samaj Mandir

I have all the neccesary documentation to register my marriage, But I cannot be physicaly present for the same for next one month.

Can anyone still help me get a marriage certificate without physica presence in Delhi ?

Regards

Learning

6 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     07 May 2010

No it is not possible and your physical presence is required to sign the Marriage register. It is a short process and takes hardly a couple of hours so you need to spare the time if you want to obtain the certificate.

A V Vishal (Advocate)     07 May 2010

https://districts.delhigovt.nic.in/choosedistrict.asp

As an e-governance initiative of Govt of NCT of Delhi , the facility of online application is now being provided for a large number of documents . Online application requires the followng steps

1. Fill up the Online application
  2. Print the filled application form and acknowledgement slip.
  3. You will be alloted a temporary number which will be printed on your application form and acknowledgement slip .
  4. Send your printed application form and required documents to the concerned officer by registered post . Find your sub division / district
  5. Once your post is received along with complete documents , you will be alloted a unique 10 digit application Number. If however , your application is not complete, you can still Find Status
  6. Once your document is ready , you will be required to go to the office personally to collect it .
  7. Persons applying for marriage registration will be alloted a date of registration.You are required to be present before the Marriage Officer along with the printed application and the documents and witnesses . In these cases you dont need to send your application by post .

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     07 May 2010

Yes you can file an application to the registrar by signaing by both husband and wife along with the documents to show the marriage is happened.  It can be sent thru., your representative

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     07 May 2010

Both the spouses have to present before the Registrar

Parth Chandra (none)     07 May 2010

No both spouse presence is not required. One of the spouse can go with signature of both in the form. I have obtained the certificate in the same way.

But frankly speaking don't get the certificate...why you need it? Your wife would use it against you only while filing 498, DV ,crpc 125 against you in future :) Sorry just an opinion..don't get offended.

sandeep verma (advocate)     20 October 2010

Documents required for Performance & Registration of court Marriage...

1.Passport Size Photographs - four each of Marrying Persons.

2.Residential Proof (Voter Card / Passport / Ration Car / Driving License / Bank Passbook / Lease Deed / Rent Deed) of Marrying Persons.

3.Date of Birth Proof (Municipal Corporation Certificate, Xth or XIIth Examination Certificate, Passport, PAN Card) of Marrying Persons.

3.If any party is divorcee – Certified copy of Decree of Divorce granted by the Court.

4.If any party is widow / widower – Death Certificate of the dead spouse.

5.If any party is a Foreign Citizen or holding a foreign Passport or is having foreign residential address - Certificate of Present Marital Status of the party / No Impediment Certificate / NOC from concerned Embassy and Valid VISA.

6.Two Witnesses ( Both should be major )

FOR MORE DETAILS YOU CAN CONTACT  @ 9818673748 ( Adv.Sandeep Verma).Delhi

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register