Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Marriage between Maternal Brother

Page no : 2

Vivek (Law Practitioner)     29 December 2010

Mr.Gupta don't be clever first you ask about the Legal position then you start asking according to us this is wrong we are discussing about yours Guptajis problem not ours

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     29 December 2010

It is 55 years since the Hindu Marriage Act was passed. Even today hundreds of uncle-niece marriages take place every year in the South. No one bothers to go to Advocates, family court or any court for permission for such marriages. I have not heard of or seen anyone being punished so far for such marriages.

Very recently only I saw in this forum the report of the commission set up for advice on family laws. The report was dealing with all kinds of marriages. Only with regard to Special Marriages Act the question of prohibited degrees of relationship was dealt with. Not in the case of other marriages. In the other cases it was left to the custom prevalent in any community.

I do not know about Ludhiyana.

H S Narasimha Murthy (Advocate)     29 December 2010

If the custom and usage permits, you can marry. infact I have married like that only.

Rithvik Gupta (Senior System Engineer)     30 December 2010

Thanks You Sir for your suggestion.

I'm in problem so I asked for suugestion what I can do, so that I can get some help form law.

Regards.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     30 December 2010

in south india also such relation not being encouraged as on today. i heared this from south indians.

but as you are gupta, you must not be a south indian.

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     30 December 2010

you see one thing is very clear, if these two get married marriage cannot be voided unless husband or wife challenges it in a court of law or reamarries to someone else.

agar mian bibi raazi  and never go to qazi in their life this marriage will continue. neither their parents or relatives have any authority to challenge such a marriage.

Neelima Arora (Free lance Advocate)     31 December 2010

sir,    

with regards , if this is belongs to u personally then , I advice clearly......... No, Such intended marriage is within prohibited marriage under Hindu Marriage Act in ur cummunity.

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     01 January 2011

I agree with Neelimaji.

Since u belong to  north Indian Vaishya community, so she is your sister (Daughter of ur Bua),

It may land up u people in trouble.

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     01 January 2011

Hard but not impossible. Good luck

As the new year blossoms, may the journey of your life be fragrant with new opportunities, your days be bright with new hopes and your heart be happy!

Happy New Year! -

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register