Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Marriage annulment Hindu marriage act 12(1)c

Page no : 2

Manini   07 September 2017

I asked few lawyers and they said I can go onsite.. yes my passport has husband name n status as married.. I didn't inform my organization or embassy. Please let me know what exactly I should do.

Manini   07 September 2017

I asked 2-3 lawyers n they I can go abroad , just have to provide POA. I didn't inform organization nor embassy.. Please let me know what exactly is process. Husband aligation are completely baseless.. he is doing because of intercaste marriage n his family against this.

P. Venu (Advocate)     08 September 2017

Going abroad and defending a court case are different matters. You can go abroad following the usual procedure as every ordinary person or citizen. However, there is a chance that the could be decided ex-parte if your absence in the country would result in laxity in defending the matrimonial case.

sai narayana   08 September 2017

Insisting on petitioner appearance is a general practice but in this case you are the respondent so nothing to worry. If possible, prepare a POA giving power of attorney to one of your parents duly mentioning that whenever your appearance is required you are willing to appear through video-conference or personal whichever is apt to proceedings of that case. I think it's enough. If your lawyer is not capable to do this, then search for a senior most lawyer in that court. In my family court where my case is proceeding, I came across a case that the petitioner the husband himself is not presenting himself in the court by engaging a senior counsel (fees will be high, be prepared for that) except cross-examination. In his DVC where he was the respondent even he didn't appeared in cross too by availing video-conference facility.

KS Johal   20 September 2017

P. Venu I did not say that it is a criminal issue. You also mentioned that you are at a loss to understand how a pending civil dispute could be restrained in going abroad. Let me try and explain again. I have mentioned that you need to mention this issue in your application to the Australian Embassy in India that you have a pending case in India. the reason for this is that they will ask you is there any cases or pending cases that you are involved in in India? if you do not declare this honestly and sincerely then it could jeopardize your future PR in Australia. Do you think lying on an application to migrate to another country does not have any relevance to that country?

P. Venu I did not say that it is a criminal issue. You also mentioned that you are at a loss to understand how a pending civil dispute could be restrained in going abroad. Let me try and explain again. I have mentioned that you need to mention this issue in your application to the Australian Embassy in India that you have a pending case in India. the reason for this is that they will ask you is there any cases or pending cases that you are involved in in India? if you do not declare this honestly and sincerely then it could jeopardize your future PR in Australia. Do you think lying on an application to migrate to another country does not have any relevance to that country?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register