Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kiran (sdd)     22 July 2015

Marriage annulment

Hi,

I have a query regarding marriage annulment on grounds of impotency.

I came to know penile doppler test  is used to determine potency.  Is there any thing like erection has to remain for certain time/minutes to clear this  test?

Learning

4 Replies

I walk alone (Asst Manager)     22 July 2015

Hi Raj

This is not forum to ask this medical question. Personally, I had to undergo PIPE test for prove my impotency and that was totally upon doctors opinion, I feel you must consult a good & senior Andro-Urologist for any further clarification.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     22 July 2015

Mr.Raj,

What way R U concerned with this query? Better conslut and confirm from a medical professional and then come back with UR query.

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     22 July 2015

You better consult a doctor for this purpose.  But so far law is concerned, you must know two points - 'impotency" in law is different to "impotency" in medical teerminalogy.  The courts, as seen in number of cases, will declare husband impotent in respect of (qua) particularly petitioner wife, even though he is potent in all biological respects and he can perform with other women. So, if husband clears medical test, even then, the wife can challenge that particular medical report on the above ground.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 July 2015

As rightly observed by learned advocate Mr. Chandrasekar, the impotency differs from legal meaning to that of medical meaning.  Dont get confused over learning too much technical things which may not be practical in the court of law.  The said technical terminologies may not attract any impact for the pending case in the court or may be an irrelevant fact to the case. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register